How's the AT9/Slimline holding up in snow?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
With the big snow rolling through Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois and northern Michigan, it'll be testing the AT9s (and new Slimline's out).

So, any of you out there...how is the 5LNB dishes doing in the snow? My old Phase III was a snow-catcher. I put up the AT9 in May, so I await the "Snow Report" from those of you getting hit by the snow...

Well,

Today I had a service call on an AT9 with the jumpers that were not COAX and had to replace the LNBS as the jumpers SNAPPED from the wind and the cold. I live in Upper NORTH DAKOTA and it gets COLD HERE and windy

Well, with 17 inches now on the ground, 45-50 mph winds during the blizzard and stuck at home during the storm.

I forgot about the horizontal snowfall. Never once during the storm did the picture/audio even twitch.

The AT-9 seemed to do well, I've had "snow" fade with the triple LNB.

So far so good!

Well, with 17 inches now on the ground, 45-50 mph winds during the blizzard and stuck at home during the storm.

I forgot about the horizontal snowfall. Never once during the storm did the picture/audio even twitch.

The AT-9 seemed to do well, I've had "snow" fade with the triple LNB.

So far so good!

Had a huge storm up in the Northeast last week...was on the news in a lot of places as it tracked across North America. I lost most of the Satellites except the 101. Came back after a few hours.

-Rob

It seems no better or worse than the triple lnb dish. We had 6-8" of snow here over a period of 2-3 days & I had to clean the snow off the at9 twice--all receivers were searching for signal--to get any signal back. Had similar issues w/the 3 lnb dish. You would think that w/the almost vertical position of the antennas up here, that a liittle snow wouldn't be a problem, but....

Status
Please reply by conversation.