How's the Distant Networks vs. locals dilemma going?

Annie2005 said:
You sent waiver letters yourself? I always let Dishnetwork check for waivers for me. Do you think I would I have better luck getting NBC waiver if I sent the letter myself? Is there a form letter?
I always had my wavers in the past filed by Dish, but they refused to ask for them this time. They said it's my issue. Based on the responses I got from my waver requests, it's a complete waste of time. Do it if you want, but it got me nowhere. There's no form letter; try to be honest and give them a compelling reason for granting you a waver to continue to watch their station via satellite. Good luck!

Grandpa J said:
I live just outside of LA. I've have DNS and local LA for 9 years. I got "the letter" and took DNS option. I did write a long very sad letter to each LA network station asking for waivers. KNBC said yes, KCBS no, FOX & ABC no answer. But without all locals I will not forward anythink to Dish and open the door to having DNS cut off.
Some how I will get LA locals - I can get some OTA digital signals and there are "other ways" which I do not think should be openly posted.
You can PM me if you want, as I'd like to know the "other ways".

Local Distant Networks

I selected to keep the distant networks and give up the local networks, (OKC), on march 25 and was told by dish a few days later they would be discontinued on Apr 4. Local networks still working as of Apr 11th. Does anyone know what is going on? Has anyone requested waivers from OKC channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts