How's the FTA Equipment Supply Chain Doing?

My stuff, so far no issues getting stuff. Sometimes it has been longer shipping times.

Reactions: Cosmo Blatz
On the current order: Four additional months to source components for the manufacturing build. Six week delay in ocean booking to container loading. Container currently sitting on a vessel in Long Beach with unknown unloading ETA. No onshore storage available for off-load. Customs backlog.

With the final storage and logistics cost known, product COG has experienced a 60% increase. Container cost has skyrocketed from $3k to over $10k. 25% tariff tax and unknown duration of warehouse and storage fees due to a customs backlog.

Ask me how happy I am at this moment! Soon it will be the buyer who is unhappy...

On the current order: Four additional months to source components for the manufacturing build. Six week delay in ocean booking to container loading. Container currently sitting on a vessel in Long Beach with unknown unloading ETA. No onshore storage available for off-load. Customs backlog.

With the final storage and logistics cost known, product COG has experienced a 60% increase. Container cost has skyrocketed from $3k to over $10k. 25% tariff tax and unknown duration of warehouse and storage fees due to a customs backlog.

Ask me how happy I am at this moment! Soon it will be the buyer who is unhappy...
Not sure a 'like' would be appropriate for your post. Sounds pretty bad.

Reactions: primestar31
I knew outsourcing manufacturing to China was a mistake. The Americans should have exploited Mexico for the mass production of all their cheap crap, not the Chinese.
There is better quality from Greece. Edison Osmio4K. Programming made here in the U.S.

There is better quality from Greece. Edison Osmio4K. Programming made here in the U.S.
Another issue is Hawaii and Alaska. If they have to wait for 100's of ships to unload then they will be delayed big time sending to Islands and up north. This will nor be solved anytime soon if just Walmart and Target are getting all of their orders. And the overload of storage at the docks, Ugh.

Not as simple as it appears on the surface...

When a North American corporation sells an intellectual property instead of licensing, then the Chinese government requires the chipset to only be exported within a finished product, select products are only available via the chain that we created.

Btw... the Edision OSMio4k is a Chinese product imported into Greece then exported to the US. We still have the privledges of paying an extra 25% tax tariff on the STB. ☹

Not as simple as it appears on the surface...

When a North American corporation sells an intellectual property instead of licensing, then the Chinese government requires the chipset to only be exported within a finished product, select products are only available via the chain that we created.

Btw... the Edision OSMio4k is a Chinese product imported into Greece then exported to the US. We still have the privledges of paying an extra 25% tax tariff on the STB. ☹
Oh my bad. I had no idea. Thank you for clarifying.

Wow, and to think I complain when Amazon takes an extra day to get my package here. :rolleyes
And that is just to unload containers. Not known when they will be picked up by truck drivers as there is lack of them. They also claimed they are running the dock unloading 24/7 which is not true as they are union and that has yet to happen. Ugh. If i am wrong that would be nice we all can get goods for everyone. Just very sad. Pray it gets back to normal.