HP:OotP Online Features (HD DVD only)

I'm sure someone will figure out a way to make this out to be a big win for HD-DVD, but to me it seems like a big YAWN.... I'll still be buying my copy on BD.

It's a neat innovation, but nothing I'd ever be interested in. Just gimme the movie. As for extras, I've never been interested in anything more than a commentary track and the occasional making of doc.

Thsi actually could be fun for fans of a given film. Neat idea.

Thsi actually could be fun for fans of a given film. Neat idea.

Not any normal fans. Personally, I've read each book in the series at least three times (well, I haven't gotten to the last one that many times yet) and have watched the movies way more than that, and I couldn't care less about these features.

Maybe someone who runs a Harry Potter podcast or something might like it, but that's going to be about .0001% of the population.

Yes, some people will like it, but it's not going to dramatically alter sales one way or the other.

No offense but the word "normal' is not normally applied to fans of the SF and fantasy genres. I suspect that there area lot more of these "abnormal" fans than you are estimating.

And frankly at the risk of being classified as "abnormal" myself it does sound interesting even though I can't think of a single practical use for it.

I know it sounds odd but I suspect that a lot of folks think a forum like this si odd and that they might find the notion of a Charlie Chat Chat Room absolutely surreal but we get quite a few takers for those.

I know my wife would get a kick out of watching the movie with her mom and chatting about it..

kids and their friend would get a blast out of watching it..

not something I would normally do, but neither are most features offered on dvd's nowadays.. :)

No offense but the word "normal' is not normally applied to fans of the SF and fantasy genres. I suspect that there area lot more of these "abnormal" fans than you are estimating.

And frankly at the risk of being classified as "abnormal" myself it does sound interesting even though I can't think of a single practical use for it.

I know it sounds odd but I suspect that a lot of folks think a forum like this si odd and that they might find the notion of a Charlie Chat Chat Room absolutely surreal but we get quite a few takers for those.

Trust me, I would also throw myself into the "abnormal" category in terms of being a fan of series like this, so maybe my use of the word normal was a little off, but my point is that having or not having these features won't make much of a difference in sales volume for one format or another.

Go to any of the Harry Potter Fan sites, Mugglenet, etc., way more membership and much more advid posters than even this illustrious site. This could be a very interesting feature.

S~

Go to any of the Harry Potter Fan sites, Mugglenet, etc., way more membership and much more advid posters than even this illustrious site. This could be a very interesting feature.

S~

Agreed. I have frequented many of those sites and they are fanatics, no doubt. Whether many of them own any kind of HD player or not is another question, though...

And again, I'm not saying no one will care about this, but I seriously doubt it will make a large difference in sales for the HD version. I could be wrong, I'm just not seeing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts