HP to build Android tablets?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Asus will be showing their Tegra 4 based tabs in a few weeks at MWC in Barcelona. I have the Asus Transformer Infinity, which is Tegra 3 based. Asus is quick at pushing out updates and their keyboard dock is one of the best solutions for tablet expansion I've come across. If they make the new tab compatible with their existing keyboard dock, then that will be my next tablet. I've been using the Infinity for more of my laptop tasks and the keyboard dock offers up additional runtime with the built-in battery. The keyboard also has a full-sized USB port and SD slot. The Infinity has a microHDMI and microSD. I have a total of 256 GB with the 64 GB internal, 64 GB microSD, and 128 GB SD. I can also connect an external HD to the USB port for even more storage. If I'm in a hotel and want to take advantage of in-room Ethernet, the USB port also supports the LinkSys USB300M Ethernet adapter for a wired connection without having to sit in the lobby or common area. Asus was wise enough to include an enhanced set of USB drivers to support more than just mass storage. I've also used USB hubs and card readers.

HP has its work cut out if it is going to offer up a device that is as versatile as my Infinity. They should stick to 1920 x 1080 as anything beyond that is useless in a 10" to 12" device except when viewing pictures. I need reading glasses to use the Infinity ( @ 1920 x 1200 ) as it is unless I zoom in on everything I'm working on.

Tegra 4 is STILL a 32-bit ARM v7 ( A15 ) coupled with a newer GPU core and should outperform the current Power VR in the Apple tabs.

I'll be golden when LibreOffice is finished for Android but I'm betting they will stall until ARM v8 ( A53/57 ) is ready for devices since the porting will be a lot easier.

Didn't they try something like this last year?
And then they flushed 'em all at cost...?
Yea, let's do THAT again!
I didn't get one last time. ;)

You're thinking of the WebOS stuff from the ill fated Palm acquisition, which were subsequently hacked to get Android running.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Might be too little too late to get into the game right now.

They need to focus on the quality issues with their desktops and laptops first before venturing into tablets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)