HR Networking question

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
I still have last week's CE on my HR22-100 and have noticed that it and anything that I connect to the pass-through port are no longer getting an IP address. I have a slingbox connected to the passthrough port and then the HR is connected to an apple airport express. I didn't notice until monday or so that I wasn't getting an IP on the slingbox, and I haven't attempted any networked functions on the HR22. My question is, could a networking problem on the HR22 cause it to not pass through traffic to the other port? I was under the impression it was basically a 2 port switch. Does it rely on the HR22 properly working for the passthrough port to work? I ask because in last week's CE and in this week's CE threads people are having networking issues. It didn't dawn on me until this morning at work so I'll take the HR22 out of the loop when I get home to see if I can get an IP on the slingbox or my xbox.

Just an update if anyone was wondering, a combination of moving it to a different room or upgrading to the new CE fixed it. Not sure which. either way the problem went away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)