HR10-250 how to change HD output

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikePoole

Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
My uncle just bought a Sony Bravia KDL-46v2500 LCD 1080p to replace a few years old Mitsu DLP. He also has a cheesy 20 inch lcd in the bathroom (of all places!) that says it will do 480i/p. He has an Audio Authority model 0985u power distro box that I tried setting it up for component for the smaller 20" (he is using coax with rca converters) but could get nothing from the component inputs even when switching the DVR to 480i output mode. Only way I can get a picture on the smaller 20" is to set the output mode to 480i and use the composite video output. It looks like crapolla, but what the hey, its only 20" and he's on the crapper, how much/long do ya need to watch!
My question is, I can not find a way to change the output mode without physically pushing the button on the front. This is not good for him as he has the TV/DVR up on a crosswalk of a 20' ceiling bedroom and can not be gotten to without a ladder.
Is there some magic remote button combo to be able to switch output modes!!!

Thanks,
Mike P.

:welcome
Welcome to the site.

First if you are using the HDMI you can't use the component at the same time on the HR10-250.

Second, to change output modes you will have to use the remote and go to the video settings to change it without using the box.

Ramy, thanks for the welcomeing.
I thought that was the case as well, but I used a second set of components to go into the LCD from the distrobox and I was able to get both HDMI and component at the same time on 2 different inputs, this TV has 8 friggin inputs!

So, I was looking into the menus trying to find it, maybe I was just not seeing it.
Can you explain which menus I need to nav to get there?
Thanks!

I can't really do it without looking at it. I know it is Settings then Video then I can't remember which one from there.

You got the HDMI and Component Video to come out at the same time on the HR10? It never worked for me and I have had 3 of them.

Yes sir, they were both working on this set, hooked up to the same TV. I could NOT get the smaller 20" to do anything with component, only composite would work.

Thanks for the info!

AFAIK, there is no way to tell the HR10 to switch to a particular output.

If what you mean is switch to a different output format, Messages & Settings->Settings->Video->Output Formut - UP Arrow Setup.

Use the select button to place a check mark next to all the ones you want to use and to un-check the ones you don't want.

After doing this, whenever you are watching live tv, the up arrow button on the remote will switch between the selected formats.

Bruce,
I am referring to the button on the front that switches between 480i 480p 720p 1080i

I will check that setting, thanks.

Bruce,
I am referring to the button on the front that switches between 480i 480p 720p 1080i

I will check that setting, thanks.

That is the up arrow on the remote, I remembered after seeing Bruce post it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Something odd...

Just made switch from DISH to D*.......here is the deal I got

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)