HR10-250 update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rhino31

Original poster
May 24, 2005
I've been overseas for a while, and I can't get a straight answer regarding the update/swap out with the HR10-250. I live in the DC area, so I know they are broadcasting the locals in mpeg 4 now, and I did buy a new hd receiver (with no tivo), but I still have the old dish as I had purchased the hr10-250 about 2 years ago. I know I need the new dish to receive the mpeg4 format, but I was going to wait for the hr10-250 upgrade, so I could get the dish as a package deal. Dtv customer supprt told me several months ago that the upgrade for the hr10-250 would/should be available in June of '06, and the dish would be part of the upgrade.......so is there any news or what? thanks for the help

1) Regardless of any software update... Your HR10-250 will not be able to tune in the MPEG-4 HD-Locals. The HR10-250 simply doesn't have the hardware to tune in, let allone decompress the MPEG-4 Signal.

2) The Software update for the HR10-250 is still undergoing testing.... A few months back I was told maybe by the end of June, but that date is rapidly approaching and haven't gotten an update recently.

Any swap out of an HR10-250 for an MPEG-4 capable HD DVR will not occur until November. The word is all D* customers will be eligable for this swap out.

The word is all D* customers will be eligable for this swap out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this swap out suppose to be (I know nothing is official yet) for DVR owners only?

Reason I was asking, is I was planning to get the new HR-20, but I have H10's no dvr's, I suppose they will not allow a swap, just a lease of, so I would still have my H-10 on the account.

That would be my guess, any thoughts about people that are in my situation ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts