HR20-100: CE07165 - 0x168 Announcement

HR20-100: CE07166
Version: 0x168

NOTE: This is for the HR20-100 Only;

Window of opportunity to download:
Thursday; June 14, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Friday; June 15, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET

Time and availability subject to change
Please monitor the threads, 90% chance the CE will happen... but until it does... anything can change.

While you are waiting for the Window to open:
-) MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE "explanation" thread... DBSTalk.Com
-) How To Download

The Contents of the Release:

What this CE contains: (with relation to last National Release 0x15C)
Items from 0x168

Improved

* SWM channel tuning reliability
* My Playlist -> Category Sort/Search
* Stability
* Recorded program playback is not interrupted when a scheduled recording starts
* "Pinky" has been... removed
* Acquiring Guide Data OSD (On Screen Display), surpressed during recorded playback
* Improved Trickplay
* Improved single tuner operation
* Network Setup - "Connect Now" will not set Static IP if IP address did not change
* Caller ID reliability
* GUI consistancy

Updated

* The entire GUI, to the New "White" GUI
* Pressing EXIT on an iTV app while in recorded playback stops only the iTV app
* Scrolling option in setup
* One button guide in setup
* "Static" is displayed next to IP address in system info when static IP is in use (using static IP is not recommended)
* More on screen remote control codes, for remote setup screen
* Removed display of yellow icon in the channel banner, if only one audio track is available
* Progress bar will update when a stop time extension is added to the currently-recording program

New feature(s)

* Added group-play in the Playlist that plays all programs within a group one after the other
* Added display of conflicting programs in the To Do List

Notes

* No joke... this CE is for the HR20-100

Thanks to Cutting Edger's
Your help and dedication is what has gotten the HR20 to this point, and what will help it get to the next level

I cant wait. I've been operating the last 2 weeks with both HR20-100 and HR20-700 on the White GUI. The new CE is much more stable, has better trick play and the GUI is nicer. Seeing it side by side really contrasts the differences. This one is a definite download for me. No going back to the dark blue again.

Just got mine to download. I have mine set to AV1/AV2 and it wouldnt take after a dozen times even with the power plug pulled and waiting 60 seconds. So I booted it up and tried the default Directv mode on the remote and it worked. Its downloading now. Very odd.

Just got mine to download. I have mine set to AV1/AV2 and it wouldnt take after a dozen times even with the power plug pulled and waiting 60 seconds. So I booted it up and tried the default Directv mode on the remote and it worked. Its downloading now. Very odd.

I realize that this is the first CE and it must be adding a lot of information as it is the longest D/L I can remember to date.
It's taken about 18-22 minutes and is only half way thru the reboot process (after the download).

So people, don't be concerned if you think it's taking quite awhile, it's doing it's thing.

And now were back to Live TV I guess it was 25 minutes in all.

Yeah !!!

Jimbo

Whole process took about 25 minutes including the reboot and all thats involved with that so not too bad! I have to say that I do like the white! And the guide seems to fit better on the screen in native mode. We'll mess with it more tomorrow but the 1st CE in this house is done! Thanks to Scott and Brewer for making it so we don't have to go to "the other place" to get this info!!

I realize that this is the first CE and it must be adding a lot of information as it is the longest D/L I can remember to date.
It's taken about 18-22 minutes and is only half way thru the reboot process (after the download).

So people, don't be concerned if you think it's taking quite awhile, it's doing it's thing.

And now were back to Live TV I guess it was 25 minutes in all.

Yeah !!!

Jimbo

No the 02468 wouldnt take on AV1/AV2 setting on the remote. I had to put the remote setting on Directv for it to take the trick code.

Whole process took about 25 minutes including the reboot and all thats involved with that so not too bad! I have to say that I do like the white! And the guide seems to fit better on the screen in native mode. We'll mess with it more tomorrow but the 1st CE in this house is done! Thanks to Scott and Brewer for making it so we don't have to go to "the other place" to get this info!!

Glad to hear. Thats the reason why I am putting so much effort here. I want folks here to have the same option to know what is coming and to be able to share their thoughts and issues. As much as I really appreciate the CE process, I find "the other place"to be more corporate and not as fun as here. Now, I feel we are getting the best of both worlds. Make sure to note any issues here at sat guys.

OK the CE installed fine. The unit is being controlled with the AV2 mode on the remote. Very interesting. It looks like I may have to trick it under Directv mode on the remote next time.

As much as I really appreciate the CE process, I find "the other place"to be more corporate and not as fun as here. Now, I feel we are getting the best of both worlds. Make sure to note any issues here at sat guys.

Ya know , you hit it right on the head !!!
The other place is there, (and I'm glad they are) but it seems like there are way too many different threads in each catagory, at least in my opinion.
We have a lot of threads to, but it just seems more organized I guess.

Scott,
Is there any way that we can make the thread for the CE's to be at the top of the page always ??? This way if you come to the page looking for C.E. info you don't have to scroll thru out the whole page with them mixed in with other threads.

I don't think it needs it's own section, but maybe a seperate section inside of the HD DVR section.
Or if you think it (does or will) deserves its own section, have at it and thanks for all the good work from you Scott and all those involved in making this site what it is today as well as all the posters !!!

Jimbo

I think we are going to try to do more around the CE and other areas in here with more feedback and activity. I certainly want to do more. I am going to work with Scott and some other mods to see what we can do.

I tell you what, the HR20-100 with this new CE is a bit zippier than the HR20-700. The guide is flying as well as channel changing. I love it so far.

I think we are going to try to do more around the CE and other areas in here with more feedback and activity. I certainly want to do more. I am going to work with Scott and some other mods to see what we can do.

If I can be of any help, let me know ...

Jimbo

I only have one recorded show on the unit but I just tried trick play on an HDNet MLS game and it was 10 times more responsive than the HR20-700. The 20 second skip back is instantaneous. The fast forward at 1x, 2x, 3x is smooth and responds instantly with video image. It doesn't seem to have that lag that the HR20-700 has. Sorry I am doing a back and forth comparison but I am just using the unit as I would normally and I see this thing as much much smoother. Nice job Directv.

I cant stress this enough. The trick play is incredibly smooth.

I only have one recorded show on the unit but I just tried trick play on an HDNet MLS game and it was 10 times more responsive than the HR20-700. The 20 second skip back is instantaneous. The fast forward at 1x, 2x, 3x is smooth and responds instantly with video image. It doesn't seem to have that lag that the HR20-700 has. Sorry I am doing a back and forth comparison but I am just using the unit as I would normally and I see this thing as much much smoother. Nice job Directv.

I cant stress this enough. The trick play is incredibly smooth.

Thats OK , this is all good information as I have not had a chance to play with it yet, other than the guide.
The channel changing seems better SD to HD or HD to HD. I am using Native on and it still is working great.

Could we possibly get the same improvements on the -700 tommorow night ???

Now that would be awesome !!!

It appears that they have addressed the audio glitches that I was experiencing awhile back too (in the last few CE's).

Jimbo

Bad weather in my area prevented me from getting this on my new HR20-100 last night, so I'm hoping tonight the weather gods are with me.

I just tried trick play
What is this trick play? I see a bunch of people mention it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)