HR20-100: CE07165 - 0x168 June 14 & 15

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Trick Play is skip back, fast forward, rewind, slip ahead, etc. Its the movement of the video and responsiveness when trying execute those commands via remote.

To me Tivos excelled at this. The HR20 is still struggling to find that mix of video frames, responsiveness and progression. The latest releases are much better even though I think they still have some work on OTA HD and MPEG4 HD recorded programs. SD and MPEG2 HD are working great for me.

HR20-100 locked up just now. It was on a local PBS station OTA. No response so I had to do a RBR (red button reset).

Just so everyone knows Directv did an automatic update with this program.On my HR20-700 and its called 0x168,Friday morning June 15 at 4:46am.So I guess its not just for the 100 model. I did NOT force a Download.!!

0x168 is the national release for the HR20-700, for now the HR20-100 trails the -700, but with this latest CE D* is trying to get them on equal releases. Hopefully CE testing goes great on 0x168 for the -100 and it gets released as a national release for everyone.

FF & RW are much better on my HR20-700

:D FF & RW are MUCH better on my HR20-700. Still not as good as my D*TiVo though, but a vast improvement (enough to stop me from constantly griping about it anyhow).:D

:confused: I am on the fence about the channel surfing being any better, sometimes yes - sometimes no (maybe it depends on the type of channel).:confused:

I agree about the Trick Play. Much better but dont think it can be as good as Tivo. Channel changing depends on video format. There were several folks that did time testing including myself between several channels, formats and CE versions. I found that the MPEG4 locals and RSN's came in slower then SD and MPEG2 HD channels. It was so bad in 1 CE version that we had a fix a few days later after all the griping. So its definately a software adjustment they are doing on their end.

Well I think the new national update toasted one of my HR20-100's already. It comes up to the screen "Step 1 of 2" and just sits there. I tried pulling the power and restarting it but it just comes back to the same screen.

Well I think the new national update toasted one of my HR20-100's already. It comes up to the screen "Step 1 of 2" and just sits there. I tried pulling the power and restarting it but it just comes back to the same screen.

Thats the first I heard about a National release, good news. Sorry to hear about your problem though. Hope it works out for you.

Oh no. How long did you leave it unplugged? Try like 10 min or so. If it wont come up on its own, try to do the force download (0 2 4 6 8). Sometimes the download package gets corrupt or not installed right. A force download might get it back.

I had to take off the B-Band convertors and then it came back up. Directv is sending me 2 more.

Mine upgraded during wednesday afternoon. I came home from work and it was all nutty, I ended up hitting the red button on the rec and let it do the rest. Things do seem different. Watched CBS last night for the AFI special, not a good channel to watch as the screens were changing from 240 to 1080. Yes it fits the screen better, some cut off at the top.

just had my 100s setup on friday by the installer. how do i know what update i have?

If you had it installed on Friday, you probably have the latest National release....
To check, go to Menu, Settings, Setup, and hit select on Info and Test ., When the screen comes up, it will be under "Past Upgrade"

Jimbo

Mine upgraded during wednesday afternoon. I came home from work and it was all nutty, I ended up hitting the red button on the rec and let it do the rest. Things do seem different. Watched CBS last night for the AFI special, not a good channel to watch as the screens were changing from 240 to 1080. Yes it fits the screen better, some cut off at the top.

What ????
How does the picture change from 240 (which D* doesn't use) to 1080 ???

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)