HR20-100: CE07201 Download July 20 & 21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
From DBSTalk.Com

LE Risks and Guidelines
How to Force Download an LE Release

HR20-100: CE07201 - 0x17E Announcement
HR20-100: CE07201
Version: 0x17E

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; July 20, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; July 21, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET

Current Probability: 80%
Be sure to monitor the Living on the Edge forum HERE at Satellite Guys for changes in probability and go status!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Contents of the Release: (with relation to last National Release 0x168)

* Items from CE07201

Improved

* Manual recording (improvements to prioritizer functions and scheduler)
* Stability
* Closed Caption enhancements/improvements
* Conflict resolution when todo list item removed
* Key press robustness (against key bounce)
* Search order puts HD channels before SD, and SAT-HD before OTA
* Autorecord keywords with special characters: Americas will record matches to America's
* Screen format options in Video TAB according to TV ratio settings: Now "Letterbox" for 4:3 and "Pillar Box" for 16:9
* Updated channel logos

Updated

* Erroneous LED activity on the front panel
* Keep or Delete at the end of single show after having used group play
* Prioritizer count is accurate: (8 of 7 will not longer happen)
* Direct channel tune no longer needs ENTER (Re: The banner timing out before the channel changes)
* Issues with PPV purchases via the WEB
* HDMI Updates

New feature(s)

* DirecTV Media Share™ BETA updated with new user interface (Formerly known as ViiV)
* Fast Forward correction to compensate user response time when pressing PLAY key
* Group Play "TIP" added when highlighting a group
* "TIPs" highlighted with yellow text
* Playback of currrently recording show is paused if user toggles to live and
back (SLB)

Notes

* N/A

Hmm...

"* Issues with PPV purchases via the WEB" is this the first part of VOD? I didn't know you could order PPV movies via the web with your HR20.

scott, here's my question..........do you know or have you heard if the ethernet connection on the back of the hr20's is functional yet? i would imagine that would serve as the connection between the dvr and the internet?

The Ethernet is active. It works to connect to Media Centers but also to the internet. Directv is using it to get info on the HR20 in your house. So they know who is downloading CE releases.

Yup Earl has said they can tell how many people are downloading the CE software via phone line and ethernet.

I would love some clarification on the web PPV ordering. :)

This is what they are referring to.

Attachments

• Directv_PPV_Web.JPG
    Directv_PPV_Web.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 205
Definitely have to download this. The 100 group doesn't get many opportunities and this one looks pretty good since its an accumulation of the -700 fixes and tweaks over the past month. Looking forward to it.

Dang I was hoping it was allowing you to order PPV via the web on your HR20 (and thus need no phone line) :)

????

Scott,
No phone line is needed to do this. I think your referring to a phone line plugged into the HR20.
If you have the internet (obviously we all do :shocked) you go to the D* website and the page that Brewer was pointing out.
Choose what movie you want and click "order", it will show up on your hr20 as well as any other rec's as well so you can watch it in any room.

FYI,
IF you order with the remote, it only shows on the one you ordered with.

No new update for the -700 tonight, i'm disappointed, I'll have to see about hooking the -100 back up for the evening

Jimbo

how do yo u get one button guide on hr20-100?

Menu-->search-->Keyword-->IAMANEDGECUTTER-->continue-->when it finds nothing press and hold the menu and info for 2 seconds and let go.

This works for the -700, haven't seen anything that says the -100 is any different.

Menu-->search-->Keyword-->IAMANEDGECUTTER-->continue-->when it finds nothing press and hold the menu and info for 2 seconds and let go.

This works for the -700, haven't seen anything that says the -100 is any different.
ill try it later tonight before ce download and report back, love the one button guide on my hr20-700's
thanks

I forgot to download this. Oh well I will just wait til it is released to the public.

I think the national release will be coming very soon and automatic to your receiver. The national release is already hitting select HR20-700 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts