Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Okay this has been a weird day for me....

this afternoon my HR20-100 (while i was watching it) decided that tuner 1 couldnt pick up any signal... tuner 2 was fine... in switching cables the problem stayed with the tuner (and BBC).

I went in to the signal strength menu and tuner 1 sure enough couldnt get anything on any says... so i did a menu reboot.... same problem... decided to put my volt meter on it and it was giving off current so at least it was "functional"

i did a RBR when it came back up problem persisted...

so i pulled the plug and waited 15 mins or so while i did something else.

plugged it back in... it came up... both tuners were fine signal levels were identical.

off and on since then ill see a searching for signal message pup up quickly (seems only when a recording was going to fire) but in switching between whatever was recording and it was fine

fast forward to 15 mins ago... a recording fired and i was watching the news... i switched over to the program being recorded and got a message that tuner 2 was looking for signal... well i hit the previous button and sure enough it went away and went back to the news... i hit previous again and it went back to my recording... buffer and all... but the tuner 2 message popped up again... so i switched again and it was working... even switched to tnt... then went back to my show in progress... the message comes back...

I went in to signal meters and tuner 1 was showing 0 98 0 100 0 97 95 100 etc... i switch to tuner 2 and it goes something like 98 0 100 0 97 95 etc... so one was seeing evens the other odds... well i switched back to 1 and now it was reading them all... then tuner 2 and it was reading them all.... so i went back to watching tv....

anyone seen that happen? is my hr20 dying? only had it a month.

I guess I should add a little more

my other HR20 (-700) and other 2 Tivo DVRs never missed a beat with all this...

really it could only be the Switch (new WB68) or the HR20-100

Well that changes my senario.
When you check your switch, also check all connections, look for possible corrosion as well (water).
If that doesn't appear to be the problem, then I would suspect the unit, as you have mentioned.

Jimbo

Well that changes my senario.
When you check your switch, also check all connections, look for possible corrosion as well (water).
If that doesn't appear to be the problem, then I would suspect the unit, as you have mentioned.

Jimbo

I agree. You could always try a different outlet port on the MS to see if the problem goes away.

well... sadly its the receiver...

Service call is scheduled this saturday for a tech to verify... I even offered to send them pictures to prove that it was the receiver but alas... I hooked my hr10-250 back up to see... it fired up... went to the signal test screen and confirmed both tuners no problems... took a pic of several transponders...

when i get the HR20 to boot back up (it is having issues booting now which would indicate a problem as well) ill go into the signal test screen and take some pics... ill post them here later...

if youall see something ive done or could suggest a quicker route i would be appreciative... but honestly till the new HD launches i dont care a whole lot... just want a working receiver

Sure looks like the receiver to me.

very intersting happenings... i plugged the receiver back in today (been unplugged since tuesday...) and everything seems okay... anyone have any suggestions... should i cancel the service call?

very intersting happenings... i plugged the receiver back in today (been unplugged since tuesday...) and everything seems okay... anyone have any suggestions... should i cancel the service call?

I wouldn't, if it happened once it will happen again.

I had the same problem when I got my first DVR. I would get the signal missing indicator and it slowly became less. Several calls to DTV and visits. They removed the multiport and believed it was fixed. Still no fix. The signal lost was coming in with the tech there and still no fix or offer from D*. They said it could be dish, could be cable, could be multiport, could be b band converters, etc.... Everything but the DVR itself. Believe it or not the problem eventually went away. I think it was a software issue that was resolved with a download. Can't really say, but its gone. I would keep your appt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts