hr20-100 ISSUE...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Just got home from a 3 week vacation....

I can switch channels to my non-hd channels, but if I switch to HD channels it just sits on a grey screen. Now if I go into the setup, sat setup, and test signals, then go bck, the pic comes on.. However, it says on the 99 and 103, my signals are sometimes 100 and sometimes 0... While the original 3 LNBs give me their signals in no time flat, even when getting 100s, it takes a long time....

It worked perfectly before we left. We left the DVR plugged in and our shows taped while we were away.

EDIT: Now I can get to 621 HD, but only after the little setup trick above. If I try to go to 2, WCBS HD, it 'll just hang there. If I do the setup trick above, it'll work, but then 621 won't work until the trick...

Now that I have 621 working, I can go to 605, for instance, immediately, then go back to 621... pretty quick...

My H20s upstairs work fine.. .

Since you didn't mention it, did you do a restart?

I had this morning because it wouldn't turn on (even though it was recording). That got it on.

Weird thing is, now it's working. It hasn't all day... and I swear, I didn't restart since 6:30am this morning when I got up....

Takes 15-20 seconds to change the channels but they do change.

ok, the problem is if we want to watch something that is taping, and we're taping 2 shows, it just sits there on the grey background screen.

In other words, right now, my wife is watch ABC HD and taping TLC HD. We had to stop taping ABC HD to watch it.

Never happened before we went away, and it turns out it updated while we were away.

You had to stop RECORDING ABC in order to watch what?

If you are RECORDING two shows at the same time, you can select one of them from the Playlist to watch without having to stop RECORDING the other.

Now why you have the gray screen is a good question.

What are your signal strength readings?

You had to stop RECORDING ABC in order to watch what?

If you are RECORDING two shows at the same time, you can select one of them from the Playlist to watch without having to stop RECORDING the other.

Now why you have the gray screen is a good question.

What are your signal strength readings?

Signals are all 95+. All channels work perfectly on my h20s.

Turns out it seems to only happen with MPEG4 channels.

I couldn't get channel 7, ABC to work. 86 ABC MPEG 2 was fine. OK, so I switched to 7, and it stayed on grey background for 2 minutes. I went to the menu, setup, checked SAT strengths.. saw the 95s... then went back, and 7 works... Switched to another channel, then back, and it didn't work until I did that again.

So maybe it's not the taping... But my wife was taping channel 7, but at the same time, she decided to watch the program and couldn't. But now we stopped the taping and it's still doing it.

probably being affected by the latest national software glitch to effect hr20s. read my previous notes on this at other threads. problem expected to be corrected this week, according to a directv supervisor during my weekend service call.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts