HR20-100 Wiring Connections

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pofied

Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
A week ago I had the HR20-100 installed. My Samsung DLP has a DVI connection. Because I did not have an adapter to connect to the HMDI connection on the HR20, the installer connecter the componet wires. A few days later I bought the DVI to HMDI connector and attached it to the HR20. My question is should I leave both the DVI/HMDI and the componet wires connected or should the componet wires be disconnected ? Thanks

A week ago I had the HR20-100 installed. My Samsung DLP has a DVI connection. Because I did not have an adapter to connect to the HMDI connection on the HR20, the installer connecter the componet wires. A few days later I bought the DVI to HMDI connector and attached it to the HR20. My question is should I leave both the DVI/HMDI and the componet wires connected or should the componet wires be disconnected ? Thanks

Were you not happy with the picture with the Component connection ?

Most find very little diffence.
If you are using one, you won't need the other.
IF your using HDMI you only need the one cable, it supplies both Audio and Video,
If you are using the DVI, you will need to keep the addl. Audio cable connected. If you are using the Component you will also need to keep the Audio connection.

Over all, it comes down to which connections look best with your eyes.

Use whichever looks best for you.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbos & loganbay - I appreciate your replies and you guys have answered my question. This is a great forum with people that provide great information to many of us who are not up to speed with all of this techical stuff.

Thanks Jimbos & loganbay - I appreciate your replies and you guys have answered my question. This is a great forum with people that provide great information to many of us who are not up to speed with all of this techical stuff.

I'm glad we coud help you...

Curious, which way did you go ?

Jimbo

Currently I have both the HMDI/DVI & the component connections attached. Picture looks good on HD and SD programing. I had a learning period for my intial setup before I set my resolution at 720p, the same as my Samsung DLP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)