Hr20-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adams58

Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
Question about receiver connecting to internet. In the status menu of my receiver it shows a broadband connection but will never connect to internet. Always comes back with error code 22. Is the connection possible for all units now or are they testing or allowing a select few units? Seems like from the posts I have read some do some can't. I have manually put in all IP addresses, etc., according to my router settings but still no luck.

System test says network connected, internet, no connection. Nothing but the banner on channel 1000. Any ideas?

Thats what I'm wondering. It has called in over the broadband connection so I'm guessing that the DOD is not available with this model yet. Thanks and keep me posted if you hear otherwise.

The HR20-100 does do DoD. It took my unit three days or so before DirecTV's servers recognized that my unit was connected. Just give it some more time.

The HR20-100 does do DoD. It took my unit three days or so before DirecTV's servers recognized that my unit was connected. Just give it some more time.

did your receiver say it was conected to the internet?

Yes, after a few days. I don't remember the exact sequence or timing. Once I saw it was on my LAN I just ignored it and then when I rechecked it showed up as connected to the internet.

Yes, after a few days. I don't remember the exact sequence or timing. Once I saw it was on my LAN I just ignored it and then when I rechecked it showed up as connected to the internet.

does this sound like what you had?
all connected physically, i check my router and it shows up but it says not connected? did you have that for a few days?

Success! They both have connected now. Found out that my Ethernet adapters will not work with surge protectors. After plugging directly into the outlets both units connected quickly.:)

Success! They both have connected now. Found out that my Ethernet adapters will not work with surge protectors. After plugging directly into the outlets both units connected quickly.:)

uhhh yeah, thats how it is supposed to work

So to connect my HR20-100S to the internet, all I need is an ethernet cable connected from it to my Linksys router?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts