HR20/21/22/23 CE Release 4/2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
READ THE PART IN RED BELOW!!!!

Systems in this CE
HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700
HR22-100 • R22-100 • R22-200
HR21Pro • HR23-700

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, April 2, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, April 3, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: HIGH RISK, SEE BELOW!!!!

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Multi-Room-Video activation requires MRV Beta Opt in from the Multi-Room Setup Screen.
This CE will remove your guide cache if you did not download the previous CE. Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
If you revert from CE back to national you will lose the guide cache, recordings made after CE, recordings played back since CE, Series Manager entries and the To Do list.
Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download.

Previous Release Info:

New features
CE:23:02 (0x03AE)
MP3 support for MediaShare

Improved/Updated
CE:23:01 (0x03AE) Very High Risk
Under the hood
CE:23:02 (0x03B2) High Risk
Under the hood
CE:23:03 (0x03B6) High Risk
Under the hood

It's funny that these risks are brought up this week. Laast week for the 1st time since I've been doing these CE, all this occurred:

recordings made after CE, recordings played back since CE, Series Manager entries and the To Do list

This was a first for me as I've never had my Series Manager, To Do List and all the lastest recordings since the lasy weeks CE all deleted. Gotta say I'm a liitle gunshy tonight.

Cheers,
Robin

Strange, I've never lost my stuff doing a CE update. Sometimes I've had features, like the media streaming, act up but never wiped out my Todo's and such. As far as I was aware tho there was only a CE for the HR24 not HR20-HR23 last week. If you did download last weekend then you might of reverted to national which might wipe some stuff.

I kept the CE and simply reprogrammed all my series recordings. I was pretty much able to recapture the lost network recordings online. It was more of a hassle than a total loss. I would never go back to NR unless I couldn't operate the receiver myself.

I'll probably roll the dice and take another shot tonite. I only have 4 programs recorded. hahahaha

Cheers,
Robin

Under the hood?

If you revert from CE back to national you will lose the guide cache, recordings made after CE, recordings played back since CE, Series Manager entries and the To Do list.

This seems like a little more work going on than just under the hood.

HR20-700. I went to record UConn basketball last night and it gave me no prior warning of a conflict. American Idol and Lost were already scheduled it and it normally will warn if you have 3 requests at the same time. Needless to say, it bumped Lost and did not record it. I only noticed it in the History section.

The unit also did not record the final four games Saturday night from my iPhone Directv remote scheduler app.

I noticed during the week that the screen flashing in screen saver mode. Not really a big deal. I hope to update to the new firmware tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)