HR20-23 / R22 CE Release 5/7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700
HR22-100 • R22-100 • R22-200
HR21Pro • HR23-700

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, May 7, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, May 8, 2010 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: Customer Candidate

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Multi-Room-Video activation requires MRV Beta Opt in from the Multi-Room Setup Screen.
This CE will remove your guide cache. Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
If you revert from CE back to national you will lose the guide cache, recordings made after CE, recordings played back since CE, Series Manager entries and the To Do list.
Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download.

Version History

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Under-the-hood" and "stability" improvements are expected with every release and are not noted here.

New features
CE:23:02 (0x03AE)
MP3 support for MediaShare
CE:23:08 (0x03D3)
Parental Info - now programs have information from Common Sense Media!

Wonder how long it will be till they take the Removal of Recordings if you go back to the NR part.

Although this rarely happens where I need to go back, but you never know.
I sure would hate to lose all my recordings.

Here are some caps...

Attachments

• Important Updates.JPG
    Important Updates.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Ratings.JPG
    Ratings.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Parental.JPG
    Parental.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Parental 2.JPG
    Parental 2.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Parental 3.JPG
    Parental 3.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 201
How do you feel about the new Parental info ?

I always get nervous because there are so many "Parent" / "Family" groups that are fronts for an extremely intolerant fundamentalist religious agenda, but I have been reading the parental guides out of curiosity and they seem pretty balanced to me. It doesn't scream "HIDE THIS WICKEDNESS FROM YOUR CHILDREN!!!!1!" but states factually things that go on in the program that might be objectionable to some parents and goes on to suggest questions that families might use to start a discussion about the program.

Wonder how long it will be till they take the Removal of Recordings if you go back to the NR part.

Although this rarely happens where I need to go back, but you never know.
I sure would hate to lose all my recordings.

I'm going to guess that they've changed the way shows are stored with the new release but are still offering backward compatibility for shows previously recorded, but the older NR software lacks the ability to recognize and play the new format shows.

So 3d and parental stuff were the super double secret probation new features, along with some changes to the storage format, and maybe some work done on media share?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)