HR20-700: CE07187 - 0x1?? Announcement
HR20-700: CE07187
Version: 0x1??

NOTE: This is for the HR20-700 Only;

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; July 6, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; July 7, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET

Current Probability: 75%
Be sure to monitor the Living on the Edge forum HERE at Satellite Guys for changes in probability and go status!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Risk Level: Modest

The Contents of the Release: (with relation to last National Release 0x168)

* Items from CE07166
* Items from CE07173
* Items from CE07180
* Items from CE07187

Improved

* Manual recording (improvements to prioritizer functions and scheduler)
* Stability
* Key press robustness (against key bounce)
* Search order puts channel 5 before 5-1
* Playback of currrently recording show is paused if user toggles to live and back (SLB)

Updated

* Erroneous LED activity on the front panel
* Keep or Delete at the end of single show after having used group play
* Prioritizer count (8 of 7 will not longer happen)
* Direct channel tune no longer needs ENTER (Re: The banner timing out before the channel changes)

New feature(s)

* DIRECT Media Manager with updated user interface (Formerly known as ViiV)
* IAMANEDGECUTTER New Option - Fast Forward correction to compensate user response time when pressing PLAY key
* FF Autocorrection has been tweeked, based on user feedback
* HD Icon on programs in all lists (e.g. search results)
* "Beta" label added to Media Share

Notes

* Misc. corrections based on CE feedback
* Additonal corrections based on CE feedback
* Additional corrections based on CE feedback

Last edited:
Probability is low and doesn't look like anything new is added. Hopefully this will be the last of the small tweak releases.

All I have are the 100's, so I hope they aren't far behind.

Well, everything looks good, don't see anything different yet, but I think that most of this CE was minor stuff, although the remote issue was addressed in this CE so maybe the remotes won't be so touchy anymore.

Jimbo

Didn't get the Delete option when I did a group play. I thought that was fixed. The menu seems a little bit slower. I noticed the info bar no scrolls down if you press info after the channel is displayed.

Didn't get the Delete option when I did a group play. I thought that was fixed.
Group play is meant to be used for playing programs back to back without user intervention. Displaying the Delete? will defeat the purpose of this feature. The delete? bug that should've been fixed in a prior release was when a single recording wouldn't display the prompt.

I'm still seeing an issue which crept into the firmware a few months ago. My local PBS (KCTS, Seattle) has a channel 9-1 which is 16:9 480i. Often (but not always) when I switch to that channel, the HR20 will think it is 4:3 and display it with side pillars. If I press the format key (any setting) it will look normal, but if I switch from that station to any 4:3 SD station, that one will appear stretched horizontally (setting the format to pillar box corrects this).

it looks like they are releasing this CE again tomorrow and saturday according to the other site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)