HR20-700: CE07194 Download July 13 & 14

The "Key press robustness" is throwing me off a little. I actually have to be patient when typing in too many characters at once. But this is improved over previous versions in regards to unnecessary/incorrect duplicate button presses. For instance, I use a Home Theater Master MX-500 for my system and whenever I used to be in the "Search" menu and trying to type in a show name, all directions on the joystick/thumbpad worked flawlessly, except for UP. If I was on the second row of letters and pressed UP, it would skip over the first row and highlight the Picture In Menu and if I pressed OK before noticing, the live/buffered program would fill the screen and I would have to start over. Now, UP works jsut as well as the other three directions, and I didn't have to change anything on the remote. :)

Other than that, I haven't noticed anything different/better. Though I have not tried the FF auto-correct trick, so that would be only other improvement I would need to see.

Keep up the good work D*!!

How do you get the edgecutter menu to turn the ff correction on. I tried the whole keyword then info and menu that they said to use on another site. I thought I was doing something wrong so I tried IMANEDGECUTTER AND IAMANEDGECUTTER and I still can not get it to work.

Here are the steps.

1. Menu - Search - Keyword
2. Type IAMANEDGECUTTER
3. Continue
4. Select ALL in category
5. Done
6. On the front panel of receiver, select INFO and MENU at the same time.

You should see your options

Here are the steps.

1. Menu - Search - Keyword
2. Type IAMANEDGECUTTER
3. Continue
4. Select ALL in category
5. Done
6. On the front panel of receiver, select INFO and MENU at the same time.

You should see your options

On the front panel thats were I'm going wrong. Thank you

D11 woes

I have a D11 receiver, and can't get the IAMANEDGECUTTER function to work. Does it only work on the HR20?
I just want to be able to press Guide once to get to the channel list, instead of pressing twice to bypass category sort. Is there a different backdoor on the D11?

Also, I just started my Directv service in April (SD, no DVR), and got two D11 (I had no choice), but it seems like everyone on these forums have an HR20 - did I get an older model than I should have? Does anyone know if it's easy / free to request a newer model?

I have a D11 receiver, and can't get the IAMANEDGECUTTER function to work. Does it only work on the HR20?
I just want to be able to press Guide once to get to the channel list, instead of pressing twice to bypass category sort. Is there a different backdoor on the D11?

Also, I just started my Directv service in April (SD, no DVR), and got two D11 (I had no choice), but it seems like everyone on these forums have an HR20 - did I get an older model than I should have? Does anyone know if it's easy / free to request a newer model?
The HR20-700 is the testbed for all D* Cutting Edge beta releases. If they get it working right on HR20-700, they then release to other models.

I don't think you got an "older model", just not one with DVR (or HD?). If you have been with D* since April, you should be able to call them in the next few weeks and see about upgrading to a HR20 or H20. They usually offer good deals for folks every 6 months. Inside 6 months, they usually ask you to pay full price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)