HR20-700 Channel Change Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fl_Gulfer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Fl. Gulf
The other day I programed my Harmony H659 to run my new HDTV, Receiver and D* Box. Everything worked fine for a couple of days but now the Sat. Box won't change channels 90% of the time with any of the D* remotes I have (3) or the Harmony. It will turn on and off with the Harmony remote but that is it.
Sometime I can hold the channel button down for about 30 sec. and it will change channels once.
It will work with the buttons on the front of the DVR.
Should I just have them send a new box? even though it's hard to get the HR20-700 for my local channels antenna.

Thanks

If the red button reset didn't fix it, then it is probably coincidentally toast. Call and get a new one, tell them you use OTA, they will give you another HR20 or an HR21 with the AM-21 tuner. Hopefully you have the protection plan.

If the Directv remotes work, but yours doesn't, it's likely your remote that has the problem. Have you tried that? Also, do a complete reset from the menu, not just a rbr. CAUTION! If you do this, you will lose everything you have recorded. That shouldn't matter, since you are willing to exchange it for another one anyway. Good luck!

Possible IR interference. Do you have an LCD TV? If so, try turning down the back light level. It could also be another remote that's spewing IR.

We they are sending me a new one tomorrow.
The new Samaung LN40B630 is about 4 feet away from the Sat. Box... What does the Back Light have to do with the IR? I have 3 HR20-700's and I tried all 3 remotes on the box and they wouldn't work.
My Harmony H659 will turn it on and off and if I leave the box on for hours it will change the channel a couple of times but thats it.

We they are sending me a new one tomorrow.
The new Samaung LN40B630 is about 4 feet away from the Sat. Box... What does the Back Light have to do with the IR? I have 3 HR20-700's and I tried all 3 remotes on the box and they wouldn't work.
My Harmony H659 will turn it on and off and if I leave the box on for hours it will change the channel a couple of times but thats it.

Some Samsungs have had issues with the back lighting interfering with the ir remotes. It does sound like your dvr is the problem.

Well the new Box arrived yesterday and today it started doing the same thing. I have the Back Light turned down all the way, I did that before I hooked up the new box. What are my options?

Thanks guys but I found a solution after extensive searching the internet, Put a piece of Masking tape over the sensor on the DVR and that stoped the IR interference.

Some of the LCD HDTV's give off alot of IR interference and I read that if you put a piece of paper tape over the sensor it cuts down on it and the remote will work, all remotes.

Hopefully, the tape you used is somewhat transparent. :)

I have heard of others using a piece of electrical tape with a pin hole in it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)