HR20-700 / Sep. 7 & 8 / {CE:09:03} 0x197

I do not know if these are issues dealing with the latest CE release, (Ox197) for the HR20-700, but they are things I would like to see improved.

1) when I pause programming, the directv screen saver turns on after a few minuets like normal. However, as the Directv logo is moving around every 30 seconds or so, it flashed back to the paused programming for just a fraction of a second.

2) For the programs that do not start on the half hours (at 2:15 instead of 2:00 or 2:30 for example), there is an issue in the guide. (I will try to explain this the best I can).

Take for example there is a program that starts at 2:15, and the time is now 2:20, in my R-15, it will not allow you to select the program that finished at 2:15 but still showing up in the guide because it is still in the half hour of 2:00-2:30. In my HR20-700 you can still inadvertently select the program that is no longer on and it takes you to a screen that says "This program is no longer available". In the R-15, as you scroll to highlight that program that is done, it actually highlights the one that is actually currently broadcasting on the channel.

3) (This one really bugs me). Ever since I have had my HR20, for a week now, it has a hard time getting a good signal on my OTA antennae. My H20 picked them all up with adequate signal. This HR20 picks up only half of them. I have an amplifier on the antennae, so it is not an issue of not having good enough signal. My H20 was pulling in all the channels at at least 75% strength on the weakest one, and the HR20 is getting under 20% on the channels it is not able to pull in.

4) I know this has been mentioned before, but I will make my name on the record as well. I would like to see the external hard drives that we plug in become additional space on the HR20. I do not like that it is seen as the only space for storage.

I am guessing your H20 is a -600 model. It has a much better ota tuner compared to the HR20's.

An issue I nave noticed with this release is that I am having audio dropouts. The video is working and running along just fine with out interruptions, but the audio will have times where it is dropping off for a few seconds. I thought it was channel specific, and it is not. I checked my signal strength and all look great.

An issue I nave noticed with this release is that I am having audio dropouts. The video is working and running along just fine with out interruptions, but the audio will have times where it is dropping off for a few seconds. I thought it was channel specific, and it is not. I checked my signal strength and all look great.

Joe,
I am glad to hear you say that, I thought I may have a bad rec., but seeing your also having issues,I feel better now.

I do the CE's, do you ?
I would consider going back to the National Release , but I am afraid I would also lose the ability to use my VOD, I'd rather not find out the hard way.

I guess I'll wait till Friday and see if they have another CE and Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Jimbo

Joe,
I am glad to hear you say that, I thought I may have a bad rec., but seeing your also having issues,I feel better now.

I do the CE's, do you ?
I would consider going back to the National Release , but I am afraid I would also lose the ability to use my VOD, I'd rather not find out the hard way.

I guess I'll wait till Friday and see if they have another CE and Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Jimbo

Yeah I do the CE's. I have been watching the Tigers and Bluejay's on Channel 95 for about an hour or so now, and have no problem. I have also been flipping to MNF on ESPNHD during commercials and have not had an issue there either.

I have noticed my guide is slower when I flip through it tonight though.

I encountered an issue last night.
When I went into the Signal Strength screen to check 103(b) I got a message that this would interrupt a recording when nothing was being recorded. I selected No do not interrupt which took me back to the channel that was previously on. After that I could not change the channel without getting the interrupt recording message. Basically I was stuck on the channel that was on before calling up the Signal Strength screen. This forced me to do a RBR.
I then went back to the Signal strength screen this time selecting Yes to interrupt the recording. Everything functioned properly after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)