Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
i was wondering if someone knows if the HR20-700 supports the swm lnb? thanks....

Yes it does.

ok. one last question :) why does it say on the -700 FTM instead of SWM? is it the same thing? just want to confirm since i have done very little reading on the 20-700.

09-BackLeftInputs.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget that the HR20 series was released prior to SWM being released. I did some looking and it looks like FTM was the original name prior to SWM.

Don't forget that the HR20 series was released prior to SWM being released. I did some looking and it looks like FTM was the original name prior to SWM.

thank you jagz!!!! i really appreciate that. i am looking at one of these to purchase. by the way i resized that pic:D. thanks again.

I just noticed it doesn't have an input for an rf antenna. does it support an RF remote? this would go where my H21-200 is right now behind doors so RF is a must

The RF antenna is built into the box on the HR20-700. The HR20-100 has an external antenna.

thank you jagz!!!! i really appreciate that. i am looking at one of these to purchase. by the way i resized that pic:D. thanks again.

You'll like it rey,
I've been using 2 for a long time now and love them, at least I don't have to have any ADD ON's to get my locals this way.

Jimbo

You'll like it rey,
I've been using 2 for a long time now and love them, at least I don't have to have any ADD ON's to get my locals this way.

Jimbo

i'm curious since many have posted that the hr20's work a little faster and better than the newer models. and having the built in ota tuner is a plus.

I can confirm that this receiver does work with a SWM lnb. I've installed two of them on 1 job and was concerned about the FTM instad of SWM. One of the HR20-700's said SWM and the other said FTM. The manufacture dates were only a couple of months apart so I figured that it was just a name change. Anyway, both receivers worked fine on all tuners.

I can't speak for the HR20-700 but my HR20-100 is twice as fast as my in laws HR21. Every receiver that I have seen that was HR21 or above is alot slower. My HD-DVR also seems to be a lot more stable for beta testing too. Except for the one a couple of weeks ago, I should say.

I can confirm that this receiver does work with a SWM lnb. I've installed two of them on 1 job and was concerned about the FTM instad of SWM. One of the HR20-700's said SWM and the other said FTM. The manufacture dates were only a couple of months apart so I figured that it was just a name change. Anyway, both receivers worked fine on all tuners.

I can't speak for the HR20-700 but my HR20-100 is twice as fast as my in laws HR21. Every receiver that I have seen that was HR21 or above is alot slower. My HD-DVR also seems to be a lot more stable for beta testing too. Except for the one a couple of weeks ago, I should say.

thanks guys :up:) due to comments like these is why i'm looking for an hr20-700 right now. trying to get the best deal possible for it so i'll have to be patient. thanks again for the help guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts