Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700
HR20-100

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, April 18, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, April 19, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:
  • 10 - Recording issues with "Delete because of it's recording permissions"
    [*]10 - Stability
    [*]10 - Improved digital audio output support

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES:

• 01 - LiveTV audio issues after stopping mediashare and no audio during slideshow
  • 01 - Fast forward to true live TV viewing
  • 01 - History status for VOD downloads
  • 01 - Improved audio
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - GameSearch to automatically find same game on other channel if currently tuned game is blacked out and showing OSD x (This is a very cool feature...)
  • 01 - Keyword search on channel or channel range and title only or name only (Geek dream feature)
  • 02 - Will reply to a network PING request
  • 02 - Channel Banner updating immediately
  • 02 - Fixed ScreenSaver with MediaShare Video Playback
  • 02 - Improved Parental Controls
  • 03 - System boot up improvement
  • 03 - Video output improvement
  • 03 - Stability
  • 04 - Improved ability to watch recorded content/when signal not present during startup
  • 04 - Media Share: Start a new playlist while another playlist is in playback mode
  • 04 - Media Share: Start/Stop DLNA Videos enhanced
  • 04 - Media Share: Improved handling of multiple units on the same network
  • 04 - Misc. Issues
  • 04 - LEFT (or BACK) to Search Screen (from sort screen) doesn't clear out search string
  • 04 - Media Share - UI Polishing
  • 04 - Other UI Polishing
  • 04 - Additional program details (First Air Date, Actors, ect)
  • 05 - Autorecords with Boolean Search logical operators appear in TODO list
  • 05 - Channel up and down updates the selected item in the Prioritizer
  • 05 - Playlist new displays the recording date
  • 05 - 1xFF performance and appearance
  • 05 - Guide scrolling performance
  • 05 - GameSearch avoids partial recordings while searching for games
  • 05 - Stability improvements
  • 06 - Detection of second tuner
  • 06 - UI polishing/fixes
  • 06 - DIRECTV Mediashare (many)
  • 06 - Stability
  • 06 - Increase to the number of actors presented in the INFO
  • 06 - Audio (robustness against dropouts on certain setups)
    [*] 07 - Stability
    [*]07 - Media Share Improvements
  • 08 - Improvements to GameSearch
  • 08 - Stability
  • 08 - Miscellaneous UI
  • 08 - MediaShare
  • 08 - Boolean keyword search removed - check recordings if you used this feature.
  • 09 - Fixed search by title lockup
  • 09 - Fixed deleting on Stop & Delete OSD deletes all partial recordings of current program
  • 09 - Fixed stopping a currently recording series deletes series from prioritizer
  • 09 - Fixed Prioritizer link inside a new Series link points to the top show in the Prioritizer instead of the new show
  • 09 - Stability
  • 09 - Improved Mediashare browsing
  • 09 - Improved Mediashare stability
  • 09 - Boolean keyword search restored

"04 - Additional program details (First Air Date, Actors, ect)"

Definitly a welcome addition. Kind of chicken to try CE's so any idea if or when this one might go live as a release? Also as my brain is working slow today and I live in Denver, 11PM - 2:30AM ET would be 9PM-12:30 MT correct?

Last edited:

Definitly a welcome addition. Kind of chicken to try CE's so any idea if or when this one might go live as a release? Also as my brain is working slow today and I live in Denver, 11PM - 2:30AM ET would be 9PM-12:30 MT correct?

Yeah, thats the right time for the DL(I think MT is 2 hours behind ET). The additional details are nice for sure. This release is probably going national soon, this is the 10th release in the cycle.

I hope they added the episode number too.

Nope no episode numbers...yet but maybe they will add it someday soon. So far not found any issues with the CE tho and seems very responsive guide wise:D

Do you mean the remote is more responsive ?
It seems like it takes longer than normal when you press a button of late.

I missed this CE, fell asleep :sleeo
I'll catch it tonight :up

Jimbo

Last weeks has been working well, think I'll give this one a try tonight.
Does anyone know if they are ever going to expand the prioritizer, 50 just doesn't do it for me. Am I the only one?

I have my install today. I guess I missed the window to download? If so, how long before this becomes public?

From other posts they are getting "close" based on the number of CE's and refinements.

This last CE was solid as far as I can tell. Haven't had any issues. I'll keep downloading the new CE every weekend unless they do something to reduce features (like remove booleans).

I am pleased with the CE program but had a problem last night I am pretty sure it is related.

I recorded NCIS and American Idol at the same time and both showed a full recording, but when we watched them they froze @ 54 min. and the delete/don't delete menu popped up.

This is a problem because there my wife’s shows and because I want to avoid this when LOST records.

I am thinking of going back to the NR just until Friday night.

This release went NATIONAL starting today!

Not sure if we'll see anything Friday or not, but good news that this fixed alot of issues and was successful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts