Central Michigan
Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-ALL

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, May 16, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, May 17, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:

• [*]04 – Fixed stuck boot 1 of 2
    [*]04 – Recurring manual records no longer share playlist folder
    [*]04 – Faster deleting large folder from playlist
    [*]04 – Improved history for manual records
    [*]04 – Stability improvements
    [*]04 – Fixed DIRECTV On Demand results list
    [*]04 – Fixed issue where KEEP ICON is missing after using mark&delete
    [*]04 – Fixed mini-guide with guide tip
    [*]04 – Lipsync improvement
    [*]04 – Media Share Stability

[*]
    [*]04 - HIGH RISK Release, guide data not cached.
    [*]04 - Some receivers may have trouble booting with network cable connected, especially if you run the "POKEEYENOW" Easter Egg.

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS RELEASE:
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - Accurate network connection status after reboot
  • 01 - Overall Media Share
  • 01 - Channel change speed
  • 01 - Tuning and Recording Robustness
  • 01 - History messages for recording and deletion events
  • 01 - Close Captioning Left Placement
  • 01 - Triple Tap support (e.g. title/name/keyword search screens, favorite list naming, etc)
  • 01 - Search for PPV Movies in guide options panel
    [*]02 - Stability
    [*]02 - Fixed incorrect blue background
    [*]02 - Fixed R icon not displaying in Folder during recording of a event in Folder
    [*]02 - Fixed unable to Clear Delete Marks in Folders in Mark And Delete Screen
    [*]02 - Fixed unable to modify extension on single episode of a booked series
    [*]02 - Fixed modifying extension of already booked series does not update episodes already in ToDo
    [*]02 - Fixed black screen shown when blackout is removed
    [*]02 - Fixed no Kepp or Delete On Screen Display (OSD) after FF4 to end, RW, Pause, then Advanced
    [*]02 - Tuning Robustness
    [*]02 - MediaShare – Fixed unable to play slideshow in PIG when browsing thumbnail
    [*]02 - MediaShare – Fixed wrong song ordering
    [*]02 - MediaShare – Fixed blank thumbnails
    [*]02 - MediaShare – Fixed FF of pictures jumps back instead
    [*]02 - MediaShare - Stability
    [*]02 - 1-touch record hint for program cells/items
    [*]02 - Add "Move to Top" hint OSD in the Prioritizer screen
    [*]02 - Add a display settings option in the System Setup screen for the enabling/disabling of the 1-touch Record Tip OSD

[*] 03 - The HR20-100 is caught up to the -700 this week. See notes from previuos weeks below.
    [*] 03 - Fixed channel banner program information being incorrect after using previous button
    [*]03 - Stability improvements, including issue after deleting in response to K/D OSD.
    [*]03 - Fixed recently seached keyword not saved in previous screen
    [*]03 - Considered a high risk release.
    [*]03 - Daily Fortune Easter Egg (Keyword Search "POKEEYENOW"

"04 - HIGH RISK Release, guide data not cached. "

This just means the guide data will have to redownload itself correct?

"04 - HIGH RISK Release, guide data not cached. "

This just means the guide data will have to redownload itself correct?

Correct on the guide data, it takes about 24 hours to re-download all 13 days. The high risk part means to EXPECT bugs.

I am froze at the start up screen,
Almost there ....

Now it's going, but did not appear to take the D/L code.
No D/l info has shown up.

Jimbo

Update:
Third times a charm ....
Very unusual that I could not get the d/l to take on the first two tries

Anyways Downloading version 0238 Now

Jimbo

The easter egg will let you access a network services menu and manually configure your ports instead of the receiver using UPnP with your router. The second thing, it adds a daily fortune to your menu, similar to those in fortune cookies. The first part being a good add-in that some may need, the swcond part is unnecessary, and hopefully didn't take long to code.

The easter egg will let you access a network services menu and manually configure your ports instead of the receiver using UPnP with your router. The second thing, it adds a daily fortune to your menu, similar to those in fortune cookies. The first part being a good add-in that some may need, the swcond part is unnecessary, and hopefully didn't take long to code.

I never even looked for the daily fortune. I don't use UPnP on my router.

I never even looked for the daily fortune. I don't use UPnP on my router.

The network services would let you assign ports for the upcoming media-share software that will allow you to view programs on a computer. It is just starting beta-testing right now.

This way, you can configure ports if you do not use UPnP. Right now, it is just a silly fortune cookie.

BTW, we're still working hard to bring an opportunity to participate in the beta trails of this PC steaming software to satelliteguys, stay tuned.

After this CE download I noticed audio dropouts for the first time. Reverted to the national because of that.

After reverting I noticed that the annoying advertisements embedded in the favorites list guide data is gone. Hope it stays that way.

After this CE download I noticed audio dropouts for the first time. Reverted to the national because of that.

After reverting I noticed that the annoying advertisements embedded in the favorites list guide data is gone. Hope it stays that way.

Don't bet on that, I think they take some time to download and then they will re-appear.

I went back to the National Release as with 480i and 480p pictures and signal I was getting an odd message I could see in the background of the picture. Scrolling from right to left.

"Download Software"

It's really light and kinda of super-imposed in the background.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)