HR20 CE Release 4/10 v.02F8

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! DirecTV Cutting Edge Program: Terms, FAQ, How-To, Hidden Features, and More

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the Satelliteguys CE Chat on Friday nights:
chat.satelliteguys.us

-----------------

HR20 Models Only, Version

Window of opportunity to download:

Friday, April 10, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

HR20-100, HR20-700

New Features
* Another step toward MRV, enable with keyword "MRVCLIENTON"

Improvements
* Program Guide refinements
* Under the hood
* UI polishing

Notes
* You will lose your guide cache when going between previous CE's and this release.
* Widget Keyword may be reset and need to be re-entered to restore functionality. (Keyword WIDGETSON)
* High Risk Download
* When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as your TV model number.

We now receive and post notes directly from DirecTV, so the format may be different than before.

We post exactly what we get from DirecTV, to ensure the best possible accuracy. Anything we add is in parenthesis.

Join us tonight at 11pm in the Satelliteguys chat room for our CE chat. Lets find out together if MRV comes to the HR20 tonight!

The release is not in the stream as of 11:10.

Visit chat.satelliteguys.us for the latest.

Couldn't sleep. Here is your first images of MRV on the HR20, playing from another HR20.

Tried SD for a few mintues, the 30 skip and fast forward seemed to work smoothly.

HD was good with 30 skips, fast forward not as good, but functional.

First impression, better than I expected for the first release!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 223
Hey, it found my HR21 in the living room too, it just showed up a few minutes later (after I did the pics). So it found all three receivers easily.

Also confirmed it would play off the HR21.

Couldn't sleep. Here is your first images of MRV on the HR20, playing from another HR20.

Tried SD for a few mintues, the 30 skip and fast forward seemed to work smoothly.

Too bad this is only for the HR20's and not the HR2x's!!

Just woke up from my nap on the couch. Downloading on one of my HR20's now. I will have to grab the other one on Saturday night.

So only HR20 to HR20 so far?
02F8 on HR20 and 02F6 on HR22 interesting.

So far only issue I have seen is that the remote response is a little sluggish right now. The MRV client works just as good as the current H21-200 receiver.

Report 20090411-3E68

Found after watching a show via MRV I was not able to access the local recorded shows any longer.

Edit: It took a reboot of my receiver to get my local play list back. I tried to turn MRV off but that did not work for me.

Last edited:
Hey, it found my HR21 in the living room too, it just showed up a few minutes later (after I did the pics). So it found all three receivers easily.

Also confirmed it would play off the HR21.
This is HUGEEEEEEE!!!!!! I have both units and finally I will be able to watch everything I want from one location. Thankyou Directv!!!!!!! :DUnfortunately it was a little past my bedtime to download. I just wish they would have stated what time it would be in the stream.:(

This is HUGEEEEEEE!!!!!! I have both units and finally I will be able to watch everything I want from one location. Thankyou Directv!!!!!!! :DUnfortunately it was a little past my bedtime to download. I just wish they would have stated what time it would be in the stream.:(

Me too, but I'll grab it on Saturday.

I still cannot use this feature as I have a HR20 and a H20 and the H20's have no way to do this that I am aware of.

Jimbo, another reason to upgrade that h20 to a dvr or h23. You'd have to add the am21 though, if I remember you depend on ota for locals.

Jimbo, another reason to upgrade that h20 to a dvr or h23. You'd have to add the am21 though, if I remember you depend on ota for locals.
It now makes sense not to have anything but HD DVR's in the home if they can share. You can almost eliminate the need for external hard drives or greatly delay it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts