Hr20 Hddvr How To Record

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zakary95

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
it says in the manual that u can record three shows at once or record 2 and watch 1 or any combo if record one show at 7 pm and try to record another at 7 pm it won't let me need help the directions are not good at all

Your HR20 , if setup right, has two coax inputs from the dish. You can only record two programs at one time. You can watch a program that has been recorded earlyer at the same time or watch one that is being recorded at that time.
You better check the manual and read it again.

the only way you can record three programs at one time with the hr20, is if the third program is OTA.

This was a misprint in the manual - you can only record a max of 2 things at once, whether they are on the OTA tuner(s) or from the dish.
You CAN, however, still watch a pre-recorded prog while you are recording 2 live shows.

This was a misprint in the manual - you can only record a max of 2 things at once, whether they are on the OTA tuner(s) or from the dish.
You CAN, however, still watch a pre-recorded prog while you are recording 2 live shows.

Correct, and yes it was a misprint.

Jimbo

Well, on my new HR unit and 5 lnb dish, I can only record one show at a time. On a system check I get a "failure" reort on "tuner 2 - sat99b. I suppose that is the reason? Can I do a fix here or must I return the unit?

Correct, and yes it was a misprint.

Jimbo

I guess I fell victim to that one as well, but it never really bothered me. I too understood that it said you can record three programs at once, or record two at once and watch another live. I found out that that's not the case when I was recording "24" and "Heroes" at the same time and wanted to watch a hockey game in the meantime.

Well, on my new HR unit and 5 lnb dish, I can only record one show at a time. On a system check I get a "failure" reort on "tuner 2 - sat99b. I suppose that is the reason? Can I do a fix here or must I return the unit?

I've had several flavors of this. Try swapping the cables to see if the 2nd tuner is actually telling you it's not getting signal, or if it's indeed bad. I had one LNB go on my old AT9, and a bad tuner on my 2nd HR20. Also, try a reset, on the off chance it's just the HR20 being flaky.

Thanx Hancox. It appears flakiness has reared its ugly head. Second time I tried the "unplug" routine, it worked. Someone elsewhere also suggested the "prioritylist" can be a source for such problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.