HR20 HDMI output damaging TV's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

martin63

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
El Paso, TX
Has anyone experienced this problem? I know of 4 people that have had their TV's repaired (All with the same problem) after installing the HR20. Their HDMI input on their TV stopped working.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I know of 4 people that have had their TV's repaired (All with the same problem) after installing the HR20. Their HDMI input on their TV stopped working.
Its impossible to cause damage from this. There are some HDMI output issues that prohibit proper signal transfer to certain makes/models of HDMI-based HD TV's, but the same can be said for other HD receivers and similar HD-based equipment.

With 3 generations of HDMI so far, and all sorts of hardware-based bugs regarding HDMI, its clearly still an unstable format of connectivity in general - especiallly when the exact same HDTV's work fine connected via component.

I find it hard to believe myself, it is just weird that it happened to all of them within a day of installing the HR20. All of them said it was working fine and then the HDMI went out. They tried usingf their hdmi with dvd players and other recievers like my h20 and they would not work.

I find it hard to believe myself, it is just weird that it happened to all of them within a day of installing the HR20. All of them said it was working fine and then the HDMI went out. They tried usingf their hdmi with dvd players and other recievers like my h20 and they would not work.

Yeap... HDMI workins perfect from my HR20 :up

A few people have reported their HDMI locking up after connecting the Hr20, and also with certain DVD players that do upconversion. All the reports I have seen say the problem was cleared by disconnecting the equipment and then powering the TV down and up again (removing the power not just pressing the power-off button). I have not seen any reports of damage.
The problem only occurs with certain TVs - it may be an HR20 HDMI problem or it may be the TV. It may be only when the HR20 is set to output in native mode - usually that capability has never been used before on the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)