HR20-HR24 / H21-H25 CE Release 12/2

First thing done on the HR24 - 500 ... Powersaving Off.JPG

When I'm not watching tv I turn the receiver off.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My post was tom let you know that you don't have to do that nif your having issues when turning it on and off, till you get it resolved.

I think I would call D* and see about getting another unit seeing it's been an ongoing issue for you.

For the archives:

HR24/500: 0x58D (12/2/2011-11:45 PM EST)
HR24/500: 0x58D (12/2/2011-11:48 PM EST)
HR20/700: 0x58D (12/2/2011-11:45 PM EST)-Attached to Standard Def TV - Switched to SD Mode by holding exit button
H23/600: 0x458D (12/3/2011-12:03 AM EST)
H21/200: 0x458D (12/3/2011-12:05 AM EST)

All downloads succeeded and back to live TV within 20 minutes. No immediate issues noted.

Jimbo said:
My post was tom let you know that you don't have to do that nif your having issues when turning it on and off, till you get it resolved.

I think I would call D* and see about getting another unit seeing it's been an ongoing issue for you.

I have two receivers (both H24) doing it and it wasn't until I downloaded CE for 11/25. So I'm pretty sure it's a CE bug.

I have two receivers (both H24) doing it and it wasn't until I downloaded CE for 11/25. So I'm pretty sure it's a CE bug.

While I agree it could be a CE issue, why would it be that no one else is reporting it ?

Have you went back to the NR to see if the issue is still there ?
Earlier tonight would have been the best time to do it as you could get the next CE if you wanted to.

I downloaded 0x58D on both my HR24 and H24 last night with no problems. It took about 20 minutes each. Both show the check boxes on the TV resolution now. I found I had unchecked 1080i on the H24 and when i checked it the TV made a funny noise for a second then it was OK. No icons yet but I will check later.

I am new to CE. I enabled the advanced command for "30SKIP" on the HR24 and it works great. Will this work on the H24 when watching a recording? I can't seem to tell any difference on the H24. Do you have to enable it separately? I am not sure how you would since there is no "Smart Search" on the H24.

Jimbo said:
While I agree it could be a CE issue, why would it be that no one else is reporting it ?

Earlier tonight would have been the best time to do it as you could get the next CE if you wanted to.

Jimbo that's a great idea. I'm going back to NR in my bedroom now and I'll do the kitchen here in a little bit. I'll post my findings here once I experiment with both the H24 how they operate on the NR.

hokie74 said:
I downloaded 0x58D on both my HR24 and H24 last night with no problems. It took about 20 minutes each. Both show the check boxes on the TV resolution now. I found I had unchecked 1080i on the H24 and when i checked it the TV made a funny noise for a second then it was OK. No icons yet but I will check later.

I am new to CE. I enabled the advanced command for "30SKIP" on the HR24 and it works great. Will this work on the H24 when watching a recording? I can't seem to tell any difference on the H24. Do you have to enable it separately? I am not sure how you would since there is no "Smart Search" on the H24.

Yeah you have to turn it on on all the receivers you want it on. H24 has a keyword list on the search menu. You do it the same way.

Downloaded the latest beta on my HR24 500 last night. Great to see YouTube icon added in the Extras section. One feature I really miss from my DishNetwork days is the ability to rewind live TV to rewatch a certain section and then when done be able to hit "Live TV" and immediately go back to live tv. If there is currently a way to do this, I'd greatly appreciate being enlightened. If not, that would be a great addition to the software.

Jimbo said:

Jimbo in the H24 in my bedroom after going back to the NR it powers on with no problems so something with the CE software is probably the issue I'm having.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)