HR20 in a motorhome??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scorer1

Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
We currently have an H20 in our motorhome. We only have one feed so we have to manually change the satellite if we want to watch a channel on a satellite other than 101. This isn't usually a problem as our distant networks and most of the other programming we watch are on 101. However, we are unable to tape anything or backup live tv with the H20.

Therefore, we were thinking about replacing the H20 with the HR20. Will the HR20 work with the one feed like the H20 does or is it going to require us to hook up something to the second feed in the back?

Thanks in advance,
Jeanne K.

We currently have an H20 in our motorhome. We only have one feed so we have to manually change the satellite if we want to watch a channel on a satellite other than 101. This isn't usually a problem as our distant networks and most of the other programming we watch are on 101. However, we are unable to tape anything or backup live tv with the H20.

Therefore, we were thinking about replacing the H20 with the HR20. Will the HR20 work with the one feed like the H20 does or is it going to require us to hook up something to the second feed in the back?

Thanks in advance,
Jeanne K.
If you want to invest the money it will work but if you are going to limit yourself to 101 only you may be better off looking for a used SD TiVo or searching on Ebay for a used HR10-250. There simply isn't much HD on 101.

View Ebay auction 140131106370 and view sellers other items(search for directv on their site).

Last edited:
Thats the thing as boba mentioned. You can always do a 1 line even for a DVR but the 101 is the limiter. Its not going to get you HD unless you can do OTA so the HR10-250 is a good deal. If you are strickly 101, get a Series 2 Directv Tivo or R15. I personally recommend any flavor of Tivo. I like my HR20 but you can never go wrong with a Tivo. There are also thousands out there for sale. Heck I have 3 used ones I should ebay.

Thanks in advance,
Jeanne K.

Here's a solution for you,
Go with the HR20, and change the dish out to a 3LNB set up and you can point it and get the 3 main sats (not really much different than the single lnb )
this way you will get your HD ... You can always record, you just won't be able to watch something other than what your watching without the 2nd line, chances are your only recording when your gone anyway.
This should work well at least till they move all the channels off of the big 3 and on to the mpeg4 side of things.

I just set up the same thing in my 5th wheel.

Jimbo

Okay, I'm in a weird mood right now. :)

But, where do you put the tape in an HR20?

Tape? It doesnt have a needle and come in black vinyl?

Or the revolutionary plactic case that the tape is in for the 8 track player .......
Do you remember back when the 8 track had another breakthru called .... Quadraphonic ????

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)