HR20 = Jackpot for me!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Denman007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
I just called D* retention dept to inquire about getting the new HR20. I told them that I heard people getting it for free. This is what I got for $21.15 (and a 2 yr commitment).

1. HR20
2. Tech to check my dish alignment (been having probs with signal during rain)
3. Free SuperFan (I think I already had that, though)
4. Get to keep my H20
5. Get to keep my R15
6. Save 4.99/month with 1 less receiver

Wow, I wish I would have called sooner!

I should let the installer put up the 5 LNB dish, right? I think I currently have the 3 LNB dish.

I didn't realize that there is a new dish with the HR20. I was confused when the lady mentioned putting in new dish when the installer comes out Sunday.

You absolutely need the 5 LNB dish for all future HD programming. No reason to get the HR20 without the new dish. So definately get it.

Thanks. I called last night to make sure it was on the order. It wasn't, so she added it for me. I hope it can go in the same spot as my current one - on the roof over my garage. It's only about 14 feet from the ground up.

I would think I should be able to keep my switch that I have outside. I think is a 6x8.

What's the diff between the "slim line" dish and the standard mpeg-4? Should I make sure D* is bringing the slimline one?

Last edited:
Well that's a bunch of crap (for me). I just called not 20 minutes ago to ask about this and was told how great a customer I am, in good standing, blah blah blah, and they offer me the HR20 for $199, saying that's $100 of the usual price and nothing else. Yeah, that's nonsense. I mean, I order every UFC PPV, this will be my 4th year with ST, and I have most of the premium channels and HD and that's all they offer me. I haven't asked for a thing in two years.

Denman,

Sorry to be dense. But, could you explain point #6. How do you now have 1 less receiver?

I have 3 receivers and get charged $4.99 x 2 for the 2nd and 3rd receivers (nothing for the 1st).

I just replaced 2 of them with an HR20 and an H20, but those fees stayed the same on my account.

I have a H20 and R15 currently connected to my master TV. I can replace those units with the HR20 - 2 for 1 and save 4.99/month.

My total STB's will go from 6 down to 5.

Is the slimline still bigger than the 3-LNB dish? I saw one on my neighbor's needed three legs to secure, is this what a 5-LNB slimline is?

I got the exact same deal as the OP...but it took ALOTTTTTTTT of negotiating with several CSR's and supervisors. If you are persistent enough, I have found that you can get just about anything that you want from them...

Well that's a bunch of crap (for me). I just called not 20 minutes ago to ask about this and was told how great a customer I am, in good standing, blah blah blah, and they offer me the HR20 for $199, saying that's $100 of the usual price and nothing else. Yeah, that's nonsense. I mean, I order every UFC PPV, this will be my 4th year with ST, and I have most of the premium channels and HD and that's all they offer me. I haven't asked for a thing in two years.

We have been with D* for 6 years. A month ago I called to have my hr10-250 replaced through the replacement plan because it stopped working. While I was talking to the CSR they told me I was a 5 heart customer and I could get an hd-dvr every 6 months for free if I wanted one.

We have the Total choice plus I think it is, with HD and HBO.

The only 6X8 switch for MPEG-4 is the Zinwell WBG68. If you don't have it they "should" provide it for free.

That's what I had. I guess it's been a while because I don't remember getting the 6x8 or the 5 lnb dish. Perhap Jan 2006 is when I went HD - for the SB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts