HR20 OTA update?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tandias

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
Does anyone have an idea when the OTA tuners will be enabled on the HR20? Why would they disable it to begin with?

tandias said:
Why would they disable it to begin with?
I think they disabled it to force people to use the mpeg4 HD locals. Only problem is they are not available in my area! :rolleyes:

damaged said:
The OTA has bugs, the bugs made themselves apparent in the H20, rumor has it that the update is coming in a month or so.
What bugs does OTA have in the H20? I have a H20 and I haven't noticed any issues with the OTA. All I know is that it can pull in channels a lot better than my Samsung 160.

uncrules said:
What bugs does OTA have in the H20? I have a H20 and I haven't noticed any issues with the OTA. All I know is that it can pull in channels a lot better than my Samsung 160.

The ota receiver in the H20-600 is made by LG and it is the best available today. There have been issues with the box freezing or rebooting on hd channels both ota and from D*. That's why I sent mine back and starting using my LG3200a again.

uncrules said:

It was not on every manf. box, it is thought it has something to do with the PSIP data handling, if you doubt me, do a search on this site for 'H20 OTA reboot'.

Last edited:
damaged said:
It was not on every manf. box, it is thought it has something to do with the PSIP data handling, if you doubt me, do a search on this site for 'H20 OTA reboot'.
I don't doubt anybody. I've just never had this problem or even heard about it. I've had mine for only a few weeks and I'm on software version OF14. Maybe the problem was fixed before I got my box.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)