HR20 thru HR24 CE Release 7/29

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700
HR22-100 • R22-100 • R22-200
HR21Pro • HR23-700
HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, July 29, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
Customer Candidate

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
This CE will remove your guide cache if you did not download a previous CE. Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national.
Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download.

Trouble downloading CE

Hey so this is my first post on this site so bear with me. I was able to download a CE release a few weeks ago. I reset my HR23 unit and at the second blue screen with the "hello" message I typed "02468" and it took me to a download screen. I was able to do that twice but I couldn't get the released this weekend. I tried to get in on this one but the code doesn't take me to the download screen anymore. I press "02468" at the blue "hello" screen but it just boots up as normal without downloading anything. Is there a limit to how many CE releases you can download or am I doing something wrong?

no limit. and you don't have to wait for the "hello screen". once the unit's lights come back on you can enter the code. even & steady. you may actually be waiting too long to enter the code.

Alright I gave trying different timings on entering the code a try and so far no luck. I've tried waiting for the first lights to come on. Entering at the first blue screen. Then the second blue screen. I've trying typing it faster and slower. Nothing.

It definitely wasn't very hard the first two times I downloaded a CE...what gives? Should I unplug it and reset the SWM box too?

Alright I gave trying different timings on entering the code a try and so far no luck. I've tried waiting for the first lights to come on. Entering at the first blue screen. Then the second blue screen. I've trying typing it faster and slower. Nothing.

It definitely wasn't very hard the first two times I downloaded a CE...what gives? Should I unplug it and reset the SWM box too?

Are you trying to download it during the correct time windows? My understanding is that you couldn't get it right now even if you are doing it correctly, only when it's available for download.

Yes, my initial attempts were during the correct time windows. I was able to make the code work last night. Through some combination of hitting the red button and typing the code + enter when I was done. I'm not sure what fixed it, but it tried to check for downloads at least once. Of course now that we're out of the window it didn't find anything.

I think it is that your TV may not be displaying video until it's too late to enter the code. Hit the red button reset, wait 5 seconds, then start entering, whether there is a picture or not. No enter/select. Just 0-2-4-6-8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)