HR21-100 Acting Strange

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
This morning the dvr was outputting a picture with a pinkish tone to it. After unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI Cable @ the dvr the color tones returned to normal but the picture started freezing up. I did a RBR and it seemed to take longer than usual to reboot. After the reboot the picture is still freezing up at times and the receiver is real slow to respond to the remote. When the picture freezes the audio keeps going as if nothing happened. The HDMI goes from the receiver to my Insignia sound system then out to the TV. Is this behavior a sign that the dvr is fixing to die?

I tend to think it is not an alignment issue since the problem started with something that would not be from poor alignment.
However, check all your signal levels.

Probably going bad, but try forcing a software download before calling D*.

I messed with it some more this morning and found that if I went straight from dvr to tv with HDMI it seemed to work much better no freezes and much better response to remote. As a side note, my grandaughter was watching programs that had been recorded before this problem came to light and the recorded programs were also freezing and FF was real hard to get right. I went back to the HDMI from dvr to audio receiver and found that HDMI cable to be just a little loose (I blame the cat). All seems well now but I wonder if this makes sense as far as being the root of the problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts