HR21-700 CE Tonight

Nope, that's Dallas time:D

If you notice that the version of software being downloaded is not the CE release but the national release you can do a red button reset before the download gets to 90% and stop the download install, after 90% you'll brick your box.

do a red button reset before the download gets to 90% and stop the download install, after 90% you'll brick your box.

WHAT ????
I highly doubt that this will cause your box to become a brick.
I have NEVER heard of such a thing in all the time I've been doing CE's (way back when they first got started)

Chances of ANYONES box becoming a Brick is about .5 %, it does happen, just far and few between.

Jimbo

do a red button reset before the download gets to 90% and stop the download install, after 90% you'll brick your box.

WHAT ????
I highly doubt that this will cause your box to become a brick.
I have NEVER heard of such a thing in all the time I've been doing CE's (way back when they first got started)

Jimbo

Jimbo, after 90% point the code starts going through the checksum process and copying the software to NVRAM on the box. If you RBR the box while it's doing the write in mid process you now have a door stop, try it and see ;)

When Direct does a CE release, How long after will they do a national release?? Will the national release be the same as the CE for the most part?

Got it to download. First time I have been successful with either of my two boxes. Was beginning to wonder if I was just doing it wrong. Pretty much looks like this caught my HR21-700 up to the HR20-100's most recent regular release.

I downloaded the CE onto my HR21 last night, but am not getting all of the channels that I get on my HR20. For example the Starz channel says it is not currently available and channel 1000 only has content from MTV, PPV, VH1, Noggin and Cartoon Network. Anyone else having this issue?

tiger - CE releases are updated approx weekly until they run solid. sometimes 1-3 months to get it to a national release.

gussery - I don't think Vod is real solid on the HR21 yet. I don't have one, but they are just recently started working on it for the HR21.

VoD doesn't work on either of my HR21s.

I noticed after installing the software last night that our boxes are now slow, and for some reason switching to another channel prompts the searching for satellite prompt.

Any way to revert back?

Just do another forced download outside the CE window and it goes back to the national release.

How to tell correct version

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I looked around and could not find the answer before writing this.

How can you tell which version downloaded and installed. When I go to Setup the Software version is 0x110? That number does not match anything I have seen people talking about on this or other treads.

I downloaded the update last night and still no On Demand. Checked my network connection from the box and it connects fine. The funny thing is now I don't even get the Comming Soon splash - just beeps.

I reset the recorder - so we will see if it starts working in a couple of hours.

I also had channel 1019, but when I tuned to it, it displayed for 2 seconds and the changed to channel 201. After thata it was gone from the guide.

Any thing I am missing anything else on the setup?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I looked around and could not find the answer before writing this.

How can you tell which version downloaded and installed. When I go to Setup the Software version is 0x110? That number does not match anything I have seen people talking about on this or other treads.

I thought I had the same problem last night......the 1 and small f look very similar to the eye. My guess is you really have 0x1f0.....(which is the current CE)....take another close look at the screen and check.

Jimbo, after 90% point the code starts going through the checksum process and copying the software to NVRAM on the box. If you RBR the box while it's doing the write in mid process you now have a door stop, try it and see ;)

I'll take your word for it :D
Wouldn't you hear of others doing it by now ?

I would never wait that long to do a reset in the first place.
IF something like that were to happen you would think that the unit would have a back up that would tell it to do a reset on it's own instead of becoming totally useless.

Jimbo

I thought I had the same problem last night......the 1 and small f look very similar to the eye. My guess is you really have 0x1f0.....(which is the current CE)....take another close look at the screen and check.

Good catch Rob,
I bet thats his issue too.

Jimbo

You are correct. The version is 0x1f0

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)