HR21-ALL CE Release 2/22 & 2/23

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE / Version
HR21-700 {CE:04:01} - 0x????
HR21-200 {CE:04:01} - 0x????

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, February 22, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, February 23, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:

Stability Improvements

(Sorry - that's all the info they gave us)

Last edited:
I posted this before in the wrong thread. I'm re-posting it here.

I downloaded this release Sat night. I have an HR21-700 and when I'm watching a recorded program and I click on guide my sound mutes on the recorded program. Actually, If I press any button that minimizes my recorded video I lose my sound. Any advice?

I had to go back to the national release. Downloaded CE Fri, whenever I watched a recording and paused it, you could not re-start the show. Also when pausing live shows, it would not play again unless you hit skip forward( no other buttons worked ) and it would go to the live feed and you would miss what happened. Also you could not rewind after that. 30 sec skip would no longer work at all( or slip). Works fine back on non CE. It just really acted goofy on CE with dvr functions. Other menus were much smoother though.

I downloaded this release onto two receivers. One is doing fine, the other is having bad problems with the audio cutting out. I think I am about to take it back to the national release.

I downloaded Friday night. I am not having as many issues as some others but this release is definitley buggy. The menu is sluggish at times as if the cpu is busy crunching something in the background and lacks the memory. I also experience about a three second delay after fast forwarding until I get audio on recorded programs. This does not happen every time though. Seems to happen more often during the beginning of a recorded program. Other than that things are working as usual.

No such issues here on the HR21-700 and I've been through a few of those scenarios. I haven't noticed any differences in the firmware.

I tried to ping the receiver to see if they added that like they did on the HR20 but it's still blocked.

The audio dropout after fast forwarding that I am experiencing seems to be caused by the "jump back" the video jumps back but the audio doesn't come on until it is at the original point the fast forward was stopped.

I'm not getting that either. I know I made some use of the jump back button. I wonder if it could be source related mpeg2/4 or resolution? If anything it's been solid and stable so far. My recordings were off the Science Channel and HDNet.

I'm usually the one to get all the problems.

I am also having audio problems since new download Friday night. It doesnt start right away after fast forwarding, and sometimes starts skipping, just getting parts of words. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)