CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:
  • 02 - Detection of second tuner
  • 02 - UI polishing/fixes
  • 02 - DIRECTV Mediashare (many)
  • 02 - Stability
  • 02 - Elimination of rare cases of gray screen
  • 02 - Smoother 1xFF
  • 02 - Increase to the number of actors presented in the INFO
  • 02 - Audio (robustness against dropouts on certain setups)

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS RELEASE:

• 01 - 1xFF performance and appearance
  • 01 - Guide scrolling performance
  • 01 - GameSearch avoids partial recordings while searching for games
  • 01 - Stability improvements
  • 01 - Supports the AM21, DIRECTV's external ATSC tuner
  • 01 - Autorecords with Boolean Search logical operators appear in TODO list
  • 01 - Channel up and down updates the selected item in the Prioritizer
  • 01 - Playlist new displays the recording date

This is a summary of the keyword search power tricks from the programmers (for
reference):

Simple Grammar:
[{AANY/AALL} <tokens>] [{NNOT} <tokens>] [TTITLE/NNAME] [{CCHAN} <number> [<number>]]

BOOLEAN LOGIC:

“AALL” => (this is the AND boolean operation) all the following words must be contained within the program (title, about, name, episode, category) in any order “AANY” => (this is the OR boolean operation) at least one of the following words must be contained within the program (title, about, name, episode,
category)
“NNOT” => (this is the NOT boolean operation) exclude any programs that contain any of the following words in that search string

The AANY and AALL keywords should appear as the first word in the search string in order to set the search mode.
The NNOT keyword may appear anywhere and all words following the NNOT keyword are considered words to exclude.

SCOPE FILTERS:

TTITLE => Limits the search to only the Title field of the Programs NNAME => Limits the search to only the Name field (e.g. Actors, Director) of the Program CCHAN => Limits the search to only the specified channel range (example CCHAN 500 510, or CCHAN 500 for a single channel)

Some sample queries are:

AALL racing car NNOT nascar => finds all shows containing “car” and “racing”
(any order/position), but excludes the show if “nascar” appears
AALL hanks tom NNOT vinci => finds all tom hanks movies/shows but excludes
the movie if the word “vinci” appears (e.g. da vinci code)
AALL hanks tom NNAME => finds all tom hanks programs where he is an actor
AALL hdtv football => finds all high definition football
programs (note you can include category labels in the search and “HDTV” is same as “High-Def”)
AANY usc ucla NNOT football => finds all usc and ucla events/shows, but
excludes football events
oakland raiders NNOT miami => finds exact match for “oakland raiders” but
excludes show if “miami” appears (e.g. excludes games with Miami Dolphins) AANY lakers clippers CCHAN 700 730 => finds all games with the Lakers or Clippers on only channels 700 through 730 AANY lakers clippers CCHAN 710 => finds all games with the Lakers or Clippers on only channel 710

Looks like lots of changes to media share!

Sorry for the delay posting the notes tonight, was fighting through a blizzard to get home.

Ignore the origianl post date of 3/14. To save time I just copied last week and added the notes changes.

Getting ready to add the external ota tuner to the hr21?

Exactly, they have a small group that is field testing it at this time, so they are fine tuning it based on their feedback.

I think it is a month or two away - just my guess, don't read into it.

Hopefully this will fix some of the audio issues since the national release almost 10 days ago.

Please provide lots of feedback on improvement or recurrent audio drop issues.

Downloading this CE right now... hopefully my HR21 will be a little more stable. I'll report my findings in a few days.

Masterdeals, thanks for taking the time to post this stuff on here.

I successfully updated two units to 0x21c. Both are working fine and so far there have been no signs of the audio jitter problem - I hope it is fixed!

download problems

I can't get my receiver to start a download.
any suggestions?

nevermind

it is downloading now,
hopefully it will resolve the problem i have with audio dropouts on certain hd channels using dolby digital and the spdif output.

This CE release seems a lot more "refined" than the last one. My box was doing a bunch of weird things. At times it would get VERY laggy. By laggy I mean I'd do something like press a button on the remote and nothing would happen for about 20-30 seconds or it would just quit responding to remote commands altogether as if the remote was dead (however I have 2 remotes and neither would work). Only a reset would fix the issue once it started. My other issue was of course, the audio problems everyone else is talking about.

These are the issues I'm hoping this CE release takes care of. I'll post back if I see any weird behavior. I did my update last night around 11:15 or so. I watched tv until around 2:30am and it worked fine. I'll post again soon with an update.

Download and setup went fine. ...021C seems much more stable and the audio freeze has stopped. Will continue testing this PM. Still need to "test internet connection" every time I download VOD.....this needs correction.
021C is a vast improvement....thanks guys:)

It wasn't in the release notes but it does appear to respond to network ping requests now like the HR20 does.

My VOD was working fine yesterday (I downloaded the CE release friday night).

I just checked it and it seems to be working fine. Content is coming up and I'm able to download and/or queue content.

No more audio drop outs and lag time has been fixed, but I see other guys are having trouble VOD I will have to check that next and I will report back..Cya Slick

I downloaded the release on Friday and am seeing no issues so far. Immediately after the download I noticed that the VOD offering listing was empty - channel 1000. I figured that it just needed to be refreshed due to the upgrade. Sure enough, a few hours later everything was back to normal for the VOD guide/listings. My previously downloaded VOD were still in the recorded list and play fine.

If there is a way to purchase the new external OTA ATSC USB connected tuner I'd be glad to test that added functionality out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)