HR21-700
HR21-200
HR21-100

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, April 4, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, April 5, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:
  • 01 - Improvements to GameSearch
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - Miscellaneous UI
  • 01 - MediaShare
  • 01 - Guide is not cached from previous version
  • 01 - Boolean keyword search removed - check any recordings you setup to use this feature

This is the first release of this CE series since 0x0221 rolled nationally 4/3.

Notes Posted.

Pay attention to the removal of the boolean search features - if you used them you may want to reconsider.

All went fine with the install of 0x225 on my two HR21-700 units. The digital audio issue identified in earlier releases with some A/V receivers (especially Yamaha) is still present. My Yamaha DSP-A1 is receiving the signal, shows it as Dolby Digital or Pro Logic but there is no sound when tuning satellite channels. However, when I use Mediasharing to play some mp3 or wma files they come through just fine. It works that way for both digital coax or optical.

Downloaded version 0225 last night for my HR21-200. Performance is great. The faster guide really is nice. I hadn't realized how pokey it was until getting 0225.

Downloaded 225 on HR-700. All went well. Still had some sticking on fast forward on recorded programs, just seemed to freeze then would start up again. Everything else seems to be working well. :)

Skipped the downloads for both my HR20-100 and HR21-700 because of the Boolean removal. Today I find the Boolean still works fine for my HR20-100 and fails for my HR21-700.

Being able to do HD NNOT PPV Movies All and skip all that PPV is a big thing for me. I want my Booleans back.

-- I've calmed down. I just really hope the removal was just temporary to fix problems and the Booleans will be reinstated. Especially the NNOT Boolean!

Last edited:
Just speculating here - but if they removed the boolean features because they were causing problems with the system operating, or the guide, or something like that, we may never see them again.

They were added with little fanfare, and very few people would use them (beyond the power users)

Hopefully we'll see them again.

I'm having a problem and I'm not sure it's related to the CE 0x225 I downloaded Saturday. Two times this week I recorded Dirty Dancing (I know don't say it) off of #544 TMCHD and both times when I went to play back I had a black screen and the immediate window asking if I wanted to delete that pops up at the end of the show. I did see the recording light on for the whole time. When I reboot the system the recording removes from my show menu without me doing anything.

I've had no other problems on other channels? Any thoughts?

HR721

I'm having a problem and I'm not sure it's related to the CE 0x225 I downloaded Saturday. Two times this week I recorded Dirty Dancing (I know don't say it) off of #544 TMCHD and both times when I went to play back I had a black screen and the immediate window asking if I wanted to delete that pops up at the end of the show. I did see the recording light on for the whole time. When I reboot the system the recording removes from my show menu without me doing anything.

I've had no other problems on other channels? Any thoughts?

HR721

Just want to be sure, do you subscribe to TMC (part of showtime if I remember right)

Yes I have all 4 majors and I can watch the channel. I recorded a few minutes of a show I was watching and it worked. I have it set to record something else this afternoon to see if it will record.

I just tried recording another program on 544 and same thing. So I began recording another change and tried to tune to 544 anf got the searching for sat problem which is probably why the shows aren't recording. I switched back and forth a few times and then 544 came in. What could be causing this?

Check your signal strengths on the 103c satellite. - assuming you're recording the HD station.

Did this work ok before the CE, any other receivers you can try it on?

Either the signal is dropping out or the box is messing up. If all else fails, roll back to the national release and see if it continues.

Signal is fine on both tuners on the 103C and all other sats. I didn't notice the problem before the software. I will roll back and see if it clears then I will know for sure.

Signal is fine on both tuners on the 103C and all other sats. I didn't notice the problem before the software. I will roll back and see if it clears then I will know for sure.

Make sure to post back the results - thanks. If it is a software problem they'll want to know that it was fine after the rollback.

I didn't roll back master. I started recording one channel to tie up a tuner then clicked on 544 I did this a few times and finally 544 came in and it seems to be fine since. Again not so sure this is a CE version problem. I read somewhere of others with this problem after a fresh reboot.

Just speculating here - but if they removed the boolean features because they were causing problems with the system operating, or the guide, or something like that, we may never see them again.

They were added with little fanfare, and very few people would use them (beyond the power users)

Hopefully we'll see them again.

I'm really surprised there aren't more people who use them on movie searches if nothing else. Without them it's a real hassle sifting through all the PPV for HD movies. All you need is the simple keyword search: HD NNOT PPV movies all. Once you've done it once just keep it as a previous search.

I use it a lot and have never had any problem with recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)