HR21 - New Audio issue on CE 021C

michaelbudney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
This is a weird one. When switching between two SD channels I lose audio all together. I have to power my audio receiver off and back on. Once I do that I get audio back. Changing between SD/HD and HD/HD is fine.

I think the HR21 with the 021C CE is somehow getting my audio receiver tripped up.

Nobody else has seen this? It's been driving me nuts. I didn't realize I was watching SD channels so much.

Hopefully a developer read anyway.

When I use my HR21-700 with my Yamaha receiver it recognizes the Dolby Digital just fine - but there just isn't any sound. when I switch to a non-DD channel (non-HD) the receiver switches to Dolby Pro Logic and the sound comes through. The connection is digital coax and it definitely worked prior to this software release.

I hope the CE that might be available tonight will address this issue.

My old Samsung DirecTV HD receiver brings in the DD HD channels it can receive just fine through this same coax cable and Yamaha receiver.

Kind of a different yet similar problem. So you don't get any DD? I guess my issue is switching PCM to PCM. I can go from PCM to DD, DD to PCM and DD to DD just fine.

Yes. The display shows Dolby Digital - and flashes that there is an input error - some of the time as the channel switches from a non-DD to a DD channel, but there is no audio at all. Now that I have 0x220 on I tried it out and got the same result. I even checked the cabling. Pretty weird.

My receiver is a Sherwood. I don't get any error feedback from it other than no audio. The quickest workaround I have found is to change the audio source on the receiver to something else and back.

I'm downloading now so I'll see if that helps any.

I'm having the same issue with 0x220 on my HR21-700 as with last week's release. I even switched out the cable from coax to optical and the problem still persists. Yet when I hook up my old Samsung DirecTV HD receiver it works just fine using either coax or optical. It doesn't receive all of the new HD channels so I've used HBO 70 and Showtime 71 as the "control" for testing.

When initially switching to a Dolby Digital channel the Yamaha's panel says "Input Data Error". It proceeds to show that it is receiving an AC-3 DD signal and even flag it as only pro-logic when the show content switches to just that. There just isn't any sound. Analog outputs work fine.

Switching inputs on the Yamaha and even switching between "auto" and the discrete choices for type of inputs doesn't seem to make any difference. I even moved it from the TV-DBS input to another input - and got the same result. At this point I'm going to flag it as a bug since it was previously working. I'm not going to go to the effort to relocate my other HR21-700 just to test this.

I'm still seeing the issue in 220. It even happens when switching to recorded shows.

I also lose audio if I rewind with a PCM audio stream. Sometimes the audio will come back after another positioning or a reset of the audio receiver. I haven't pinned that one down yet.

I'll have to get out the remote to my audio receiver so I can give it a quick pop when the problem happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts