Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I just got a 21-200 because the 20-700 I had went bad. Anyway besides being a black box and a little lighter(it seems), what are the differences?

Just Curious.

Mainly, just no OTA tuner.

Also has a 320gb instead of 300gb, slightly more storage.

Obviously, black not silver.

Yea that really urked me a bit not having the OTA, I had to do some switching around in the house considering the one that went bad was the one I was using for the OTA...

If you generally use the OTA and are upset, there have been past instances of them giving a free AM21 when a user had a HR20 replaced with an HR21.

Well I still have an HR20 so I moved that to the spot where the OTA is..

I also ordered a 3rd one yesterday while I was on the phone activating the replacment, so I guess I will wait to see what they send me..

IT seems to me the Guide is much less responsive on the 21, the loan 20 I have left is faster, I cannot seem to change it either.. Any ideas?

Also the best I could get from them is 50 bucks for an AM21, I am not spending anymore money on crap from this company anymore.
They did not care that I am missing my OTA channels now.

IT seems to me the Guide is much less responsive on the 21, the loan 20 I have left is faster, I cannot seem to change it either.. Any ideas?

Also the best I could get from them is 50 bucks for an AM21, I am not spending anymore money on crap from this company anymore.
They did not care that I am missing my OTA channels now.

DetFan, the price they gave you on the AM21 is the standard price.
That said, if you want another HR20,or H20 for that matter and D* doesn't want to work with you ....
Where abouts are you in SE Michigan, I'm in Toledo area and the Costco's here in town have the HR20's still and the H20's as well.
If you want, try calling D* back and see if they will credit you the cost of the HR20 from Costco.
I think the HR20's were going for $ 169 and the H20's for $ 84 if I recall.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)