HR22-100 Malfunction

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ZeusJ

Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
DFW, TX
I have a HR22-100 receiver that is ~15 months old. It has recently begun to reset randomly, not display live TV properly and my recordings mess up when playing back. DirecTV wants to replace it (which I'm OK with), but they want to take the one with all my recordings on it with them when they leave. :mad:

Is there any way to transfer those recordings to the new receiver or to save them somehow? As you all well know, I pay a lot of money for this service and when I get home I expect to be able to watch the shows I have recorded! (I'm usually gone about 3 weeks at a time)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Josh

You'll need to do a real time transfer of the shows to a PC using a video capture device. This will only be in SD, however. And, of course, it will need to play the shows without too many getting messed up.

If the live TV is messing up, then the recordings are most likely messed up. Bite the bullet and get that unit replaced.

Man, I sure hate to bite that very very big bullet b/c it would mean paying for several shows on some place like iTunes just so I can watch what I have already paid for.

The tech that came out the other day said it could be done, but would not tell me how to do it...

There's no guarantee that the actual recordings on the hard drive are not corrupted.

Are these shows available on a torrent site?

That's true, they might not play anyway. I look and see if I can find them for free somewhere. Thanks for your help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts