hr22-100 problems when first powering up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

evie510514

Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Ponchatoula,LA
I had direct tv install hr22-100 in living romm and 2 basic receivers in bed rooms. Everthing worked great untill I tried to turn on the hd receiver. I get all kinds of strange colors on screen I can not acess menue or anything else. The only thing I can do is to turn power on hd receiver off and on about 10 times and then I get a distorted picture that will evently clear up and work fine the rest of the day.Every morning I have to do same routine. I have direct coming ouy but of course tey think I have an tv imput problem or bad hdmi cable. I still have cable hooked to dvd player and can switch from hdmi to tv imput and have good pictute. I believe I have a bad receiver but can not convince the phone tech. All she can do is read her script!Any advice while I wait 4 dayes for tech to come.
Thanks Ronnie

I had direct tv install hr22-100 in living romm and 2 basic receivers in bed rooms. Everthing worked great untill I tried to turn on the hd receiver. I get all kinds of strange colors on screen I can not acess menue or anything else. The only thing I can do is to turn power on hd receiver off and on about 10 times and then I get a distorted picture that will evently clear up and work fine the rest of the day.Every morning I have to do same routine. I have direct coming ouy but of course tey think I have an tv imput problem or bad hdmi cable. I still have cable hooked to dvd player and can switch from hdmi to tv imput and have good pictute. I believe I have a bad receiver but can not convince the phone tech. All she can do is read her script!Any advice while I wait 4 dayes for tech to come.
Thanks Ronnie
try to force a software download. reset and at the blue hello screen with your remote push 0 2 4 6 8

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)