HR22-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thebilgey1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2013
Bahamas
Hi guys, his is my first post. What a great site!!!
Question - will D****tv re-activate a receiver that I buy from someone else? My friend has a HR22-100 that was subbed in the past. I want to buy it from him and re-activate it under my name.
Thanks.

Only if the receiver is actually "owned", almost all of them are leased. If you get the RID number, call DirecTV and ask for the access card department, they will tell you if the receiver can be activated on your account.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

What texasbrit said is correct. Most equipment is leased and can't be reauthorized on a different account.

Another factor is whether your friend closed his account in good standing or not. Also remember you can get this model or newer free with a new sub install. So before you spend money on anything, keep that in mind.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you

Thank you very much guys. As far as I know, my friend owned this unit outright. I'll call D****tv to be sure.
Again, this is a very nice site.

Hi guys, his is my first post. What a great site!!!
Question - will D****tv re-activate a receiver that I buy from someone else? My friend has a HR22-100 that was subbed in the past. I want to buy it from him and re-activate it under my name.
Thanks.

Do you currently have D* ?

If not, you cannot start service with a used recvr, however, if you already have service, you can add recvrs...
As others have mentioned, verify that it is an Owned recvr first.

No, I don't have service from Direc**, so that pretty much answers my question for me right there. Thank you.

You don't have to use an * if you don't want to. Watch. Directv. Dish. U-Verse. See! :)

We are very casual here. It's a reflection of the site owner, Scott.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)