HR22 for New Install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blakex

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Orange, CA
So, I'm about to sign up for DirecTV through the guys at Plasma Concepts and need 3 HD DVRs and 1 DVR. Dan at Plasma Concepts is looking into whether DirecTV is installing the new HR22's, but if they aren't, can I just go to Best Buy, pick up two of them and have the installer put them in for me?

I'll take whatever they have in the way of HD DVR for the free one, but if they're going to charge me $200 each for an older DVR, why not go to Best Buy and get the nice HR22's for $200 each?

I'm new to the satellite game and appreciate any help or answers you guys could give.

=Blake=

I'd call and ask. Because there are probably as many answers to your question here as there are members. Also, different CSRs will probably give different answers.

But, having said that, you could get 1 each SD and HD DVR installed and then later buy the 2 HR22s from BB.

Note that if you are a new customer and buy from BB, that an installation will be set up at the time the time of purchase

That's a good call about the SD receivers.

Also, if I order the receivers through the BestBuy site or Amazon, or wherever, how do they know if I have an account already? Their site says: "DIRECTV activation and subscription are required within 30 days of purchase."

And then what do I do with the SD receivers? Send them back?

I'd call and ask. Because there are probably as many answers to your question here as there are members. Also, different CSRs will probably give different answers.

But, having said that, you could get 1 each SD and HD DVR installed and then later buy the 2 HR22s from BB.

Note that if you are a new customer and buy from BB, that an installation will be set up at the time the time of purchase

When you cancel a reciever, if DirecTV wants it back they will tell you. They will also send a postage paid return box with instructions.

Chances are if it a newer receiver they will want it back.

This must be something new since they went to all leased receivers? When I started service in Dec. 2005, I bought my HR10-250 from BB and then called D* to setup my account. They had no problem installing the DVR that I bought on my own along with 3 R10s that the installer brought with him.

This must be something new since they went to all leased receivers? When I started service in Dec. 2005, I bought my HR10-250 from BB and then called D* to setup my account. They had no problem installing the DVR that I bought on my own along with 3 R10s that the installer brought with him.
Good to hear. This is what I assumed - that I'd be able to just provide the installer with a couple of DVRs and he could install them with the other equipment we need.

~Blake

HR21 = 50 hours of HD programming/200 hours of standard
HR22 = 100 hours of HD programming/400 hours of standard
Unfortunately, Best Buy now has a 1-2 week lead time listed on their site, where it was 1 day over the weekend. So I'll probably be going with whatever DirecTV installs. That would be the HR21 - correct? Or should I also buy those separate?

You will get the best pricing / easy experience letting the installer bring them to you.

HR22 are pretty much not availalbe in install channel yet.

If you really want HR22, you'd have to buy 2 from BBY and arrange the install through them as a new customer.

Very nice, it is now listed in stock at all my local Best Buys. I canceled an HR21 off of my installation for this Saturday and will be picking up an HR22 for my room :)

i have the 1st HR30-100. it has 5 tuners which can be used at the same time. a gui in HD! besides the 5 sat tuners it has 3 ota tuners built in! so you can record up to 8 shows at once while watching a recorded show. 3 hdmi outputs and yes 1 hdmi input! you can speak to it. " channel 101 please" and it will tune to it. so the hr30 has speech recognition. one more thing it's also a company server. special low price of $25!

:D

i have the 1st HR30-100. it has 5 tuners which can be used at the same time. a gui in HD! besides the 5 sat tuners it has 3 ota tuners built in! so you can record up to 8 shows at once while watching a recorded show. 3 hdmi outputs and yes 1 hdmi input! you can speak to it. " channel 101 please" and it will tune to it. so the hr30 has speech recognition. one more thing it's also a company server. special low price of $25!

Don't forget that it can broadcast a 1440p/120 signal wit DD 7.1 and has a built in blu ray RW drive

Completelty Amazing.. :hungry: in my dreams :D

lol! You can bet I will be asking Santa for one of those this year!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)