HR22 sounds like it's ALWAYS running

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
We have 2 HR22's. One is quiet as quiet can be.... even when on. The other, on or off, always sounds like it is running.. it has a low hum to it all the time. It happens to be right by my desk so I can hear it but is there a reason to this? I took the ethernet cable out thinking that may be the issue but no luck

It is either the fan or hard drive that is making the noise. Try moving it a littel bit, it may be setting on something or just noisey. When you turn it off you are just putting it in standby so the fan and hard drive is still spining.

Mine is the same way. It's the cooling fan. When it's real quiet in the room I can barely hear it.

I just got one about a week ago, I noticed it at first because I couldn't figure out what it was.

Now, I don't even notice it.

Yep, some of the HR models will vary their cooling fan speed and if its in a warm spot (like a cabinet) it'll run faster.

I've also seen situations where the case had a little vibration in it and putting some cloth or felt under the feet on the bottom or just pressing down on the case made a vibration go away.

Sometimes the access cards also buzz a bit. A folded up piece of paper stuck under a corner to stiffen it can solve that. Do be careful to not jiggle the access card while the receiver is running.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)