HR23-700 Not Taking Any Download

wolvaaron85

Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, United States
I have an HR23/700 that I am trying to revert to national release since I am noticing odd effects of not loading a new CE release since July, but I cannot get the download to happen no matter what I do. Starting from the menu (as if watching TV), I can see that I am on release 0x5ee from 7/7 and I then proceed to to the restart option and put the dash in to restart the receiver. I enter the code and can get the normal software download screen to come up, but it just scrolls through a bunch of numbers in the top left and says searching for new software (05D2) for about 10 minutes. The receiver then reboots and comes back to to viewing mode and the software does not change on the info screen. I have also tried the red button reset a number of times with no success, and I can't use the trick on channel 1 to clear the flash memory. Am I just missing something that should be as plain as day? Thanks for any help.

Are you entering 0 2 4 6 8 as soon as the blue lights come on the front panel? It may be that the NR isn't in the datastream at the time you are trying to get it.

I did (and have been) trying that and have been able to get into the download screen. I was thinking that the NR was in the datastream anytime a CE was not... I guess that I was just lucky in the timing when I reverted my H24/700 (my bedroom receiver). FYI, I was trying on the HR23 at around noon, 3:30am, and 6:30am Eastern Time.

I don't have a link, but there is a website that tells you when the nr is in the datastream.

I am now downloading on the HR23 at about 11:55am eastern time, so I guess that I just wasn't catching things at the right time. Also, you were talking about the DirecTV firmware watcher site correct...? Everytime that I went there, it said that 0x5D2 was active for my receiver... all well- at least I am getting it now.

I am now downloading on the HR23 at about 11:55am eastern time, so I guess that I just wasn't catching things at the right time. Also, you were talking about the DirecTV firmware watcher site correct...? Everytime that I went there, it said that 0x5D2 was active for my receiver... all well- at least I am getting it now.

Yes, that's the one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts