HR24 -200 Receiver No Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ralph Parol

Original poster
Feb 3, 2019
Gautier, MS
I recently moved one of my home HR24-200 receivers to my hunting camp. I do not get my local channels. The camp is 70 miles away. Help

What kind of dish do you have in your camp? You will need a Slimline, not one of the old 18" round dishes. Depending on where you live and where your camp is, you might be out of range of the spot beam that delivers your locals. If that's the case, there's nothing to be done, the range of your locals is limited.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Ralph Parol!
Usually a 70 mile move isn't far enough to lose local channels which are on a spot beam. Which city do you get your locals from? Which direction are you going the 70 miles? And as slice mentioned, which dish are you using at the camp?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Ralph Parol!
Usually a 70 mile move isn't far enough to lose local channels which are on a spot beam. Which city do you get your locals from? Which direction are you going the 70 miles? And as slice mentioned, which dish are you using at the camp?
Chip,
It does matter actually, if he happens to be anywhere close to the edge of the limits and he moves 70 miles, he could be Way out of the range ... ya just don't know till you find out exactly where he's at.

Reactions: harshness
Chip,
It does matter actually, if he happens to be anywhere close to the edge of the limits and he moves 70 miles, he could be Way out of the range ... ya just don't know till you find out exactly where he's at.
That's why I asked in which direction the camp is.

I am right on the edge of receiving my "moved" locals - if I went even 20 miles northwest, I would probably lose them.

Reactions: Jimbo
So you get your locals anyways plus Boston? Win!

Yes, all but 4 of the channels from Burlington are SV. It's pretty great. 2 of those are added with my AM21, the 3rd is supposed to be within range by the end of the month. The 4th is the same as one of the Boston channels (NH PBS), but different affiliate... WLED vs WENH. More relevant to this thread, they use the same upload for the two, the WENH 11 feed from the Boston market. It is HD/SD in Boston. In the Burlington market, which is where I live, the HD of WENH wouldn't reach the edge of the market, so only the SD is re-mapped into the Burlington market as WLED 49 . Since Burlington is a HD-only MPEG4 market, WLED NH PBS is the only SD local period there is, but there is no HD counterpart. I only get 77% and 73% signal on the Boston locals but 99% on the Burlington locals when you wait out the proper 99/103S in the signal meters and good on everything else. You honestly can't tell 98% of the time.

Yes, all but 4 of the channels from Burlington are SV. It's pretty great. 2 of those are added with my AM21, the 3rd is supposed to be within range by the end of the month. The 4th is the same as one of the Boston channels (NH PBS), but different affiliate... WLED vs WENH. More relevant to this thread, they use the same upload for the two, the WENH 11 feed from the Boston market. It is HD/SD in Boston. In the Burlington market, which is where I live, the HD of WENH wouldn't reach the edge of the market, so only the SD is re-mapped into the Burlington market as WLED 49 . Since Burlington is a HD-only MPEG4 market, WLED NH PBS is the only SD local period there is, but there is no HD counterpart. I only get 77% and 73% signal on the Boston locals but 99% on the Burlington locals when you wait out the proper 99/103S in the signal meters and good on everything else. You honestly can't tell 98% of the time.
Even 73% signal strength is more than sufficient .... you should be great 99.9% of the time.

Even 73% signal strength is more than sufficient .... you should be great 99.9% of the time.

It is. They go out a few seconds before everything else and stay out a few seconds longer in a storm, but it's not significant. You'd never know it's 73/77 and not in the 90s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)