Hr24-700 remote issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaydjshonuff

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
My remote for my hr24-700 currently isn't responding with receiver. The remote is a rc65rx. It only responds to tv and DVD player. I've tried resets on receiver and remote but still nothing. Codes 00001-00008 didn't work. The code 961 didn't work and just trying to come up with a solution. Currently my tv/sat is stuck on cartoon network, which sucks! Any help or suggestions would help out tremendously. Thanks!

:welcome to Satelliteguys! First, have you checked the batteries? Are you using the remote in ir or rf mode? Some televisions interfere with remotes in ir mode. Try switching it if you are using ir.

To check for IR interference, fold a white piece of paper in half and set it in front of the receiver so it blocks the "eye" then test the remote. If it starts working you have IR Interference.
You can replace the paper with 2 pieces of Scotch Magic Tape put over the "eye".

Try resetting the remote by holding mute and select until the green light blinks twice, and then enter 981 on the keypad. That is going to erase any programming the remote had, and then you can try reprogramming it.
Also check if the receiver is set to IR mode.
Hit Menu on the front panel, scroll to Settings and Help, click settings, and go to Remote, and check IR/RF Mode. Try it in RF.

I checked the batteries and all was good. I'm unable to get into my setting, even from front panel on the receiver. I've rest the remote several times and still nothing. I did noticed after resetting remote sometimes remote will respond to receiver but then will not last no more than 15 seconds at the most. Any other suggestions?

Why can't you get into the settings from the front panel?

Well on the receiver I push and I push and nothing. Being that my remote is not responding to receiver, I'm unable to access menu from remote. Not sure why buttons on receiver is not working properly. Could the receiver be my issue?

If your receiver is not responding to commands from the front panel, that would be the receiver. The receiver sounds locked up. Do a hard reset by unplugging and when it comes back up, run a diagnostic test.
If it keeps locking up, call DTV and get a replacement. Tell them it is locking up constantly, and they will replace it.

I've unplugged. How long before u plug it back up? Also, how to run diagnostic test? I'm unable to access the menu via remote or front panel. Remote responds well with proper blinks when resetting it and it responds to my tv and DVD player. So, waiting on answers so I can get them a try before I contact service to replace receiver. Thanks!

If your receiver is not responding to the front panel buttons it is toasty.
I would just call DTV and get a replacement.

You run a system diagnostic by hitting Menu- Settings and Help- Settings- System Info- Run system Test.

I don't even think there is a diagnostic code that corresponds with "remote not working".

But if you can manage to run it. any codes with 25, 14, 15 and say HDD failure mean you need a replacement.

To up your odds of getting another HR24 as a replacement set up a service call. Once they call to say they're heading your way request one and if you're polite enough the tech could make it happen as long as he or another tech close by has one

Just ran in to the same thing on a job. The HR24 was stuck on a channel and the remote nor the receiver would let me do anything. I ended up having to swap the receiver out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)