HR24 stuck on 0x4d

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmcgee_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Kirkland, WA
So I had some issues with one of the national avail firmwares with the guide being slow etc, so upon reading these forums I found out that the CE ver was much faster and it has been great, however now that the HD GUI is out I was thinking of switching to that firmware, I tried running a system test and pushing the reset button but it's not downloading the new software. I am in Washington State so I would think it would be avail to me right?

Ce is only available Friday and Saturday after 11pm.national releases you just have to wait until it's your turn to receive the firmware update.

I was under the impression that the HD gui is not CE anymore? I thought it was NR, now that I have a CE release what do I have to do to get NR installed though because it doesn't seem as if I have gotten an releases since I put the CE version on many months ago.

I was under the impression that the HD gui is not CE anymore? I thought it was NR, now that I have a CE release what do I have to do to get NR installed though because it doesn't seem as if I have gotten an releases since I put the CE version on many months ago.
yes it's in CE but there's currently a national release like you mentioned. You can't force this download unless your receiver is due to get it.so if you try now don't be shocked if the new software isn't available to you yet and you get the old software.If you do nothing it'll update on it's own

Thanks for all the info, I guess my big question is isn't it weird that I haven't had an update since 9/29 which is I believe when I had the CE installed. I guess I am asking how do I force the receiver to get a NR?

The HDGui will be sent to your receiver whenever Directv's system sends it, you do the same process as the CE during non CE hours to get (or return to the NR)for your receiver (0,2,4,6,8) if you did the 9/29 CE you should have gotten the HD Gui if I remember correctly.

The new HD GUI is now rolling out but you won't get it until your receiver is designated by DirecTV for the download. There's no way to force a new national release, if you force a download you will just get what you have now.

texasbrit said:
The new HD GUI is now rolling out but you won't get it until your receiver is designated by DirecTV for the download. There's no way to force a new national release, if you force a download you will just get what you have now.

As I've posted before, you can force to the new software when it is being spooled. Right now, it is happening for a few hours in the middle of the night. I'm not going to get into detail on how to read firmware charts and force downloads during certain times, but it can be done.

One caveat is there is no guarantee new software that has the new HD GUI will be available every night. Eventually, it will be available at all times.

I don't think an NR is rolling. redh.com doesn't show anything new. There is a 0575 and 0576 on some TP's but they are not current. Go to redh and see for yourselves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts