? HR24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Directv was installed here (E*'s outta here in a couple days) 2 days ago, they didn't have the equipment for the MRV install, but I have the print out from D* and am not worried as they list the MRV install on the order form. I had 2 HR24's and 1 H24 installed I connected 1 to the internet(HR24) and tried to connect the other via powerline adapters (Netgear XE102) it would see the home network but would not connect to the net. When I went into the router and copied the info it would do the same as an auto search, find the home network but not connect to the net. DO the HR24's have a hard time connecting sometimes and any suggestions what I am doing wrong. Also I think that the installer was wrong and didn't know much about MRV, he said he thought the newer HR24's could do MRV without the DECA, Think that there is more knowledge here. I see people showing the model #'s of the HR24 as HR24-100, HR24-200 etc the models that I have are HR24D-500 is this different in anyway, Thanks guys. Oh and by the way it good to be watching D* again :):):):):), and (gonna get hell for this I bet) the PQ is better with D* (ducking the E* flame balls)

Your setup should have networking built in called DECA. Do not hook anything to the ethernet jacks, you should remove and reboot all receivers.

The networking should be built in, and you should have a broadband connection kit that connects to the coax cable and to the router for broadband access.

If the installer did the ethernet over powerline things, they messed up and you need to call Directv to come out.

Did you pay $3 for multiroom viewing?

It was just installed 2 days ago, and MRV was on the work order, but the installe didn't have the equipment for the MRV install. Do you know what is in the broadband connection kit. I can swing by the retailers shop and pick it up and do it myself. Is this something that would feed out of the router via a coax to the switch outside near the ground blocks Thanks

Simple connects the coax network to the broadband router.

Looks like this:
DIRECTV DECA Broadband with power supply (DECABB1R0) - DIRECTV - DECABB1R0 - Components&sku=
or this:
DIRECTV Ethernet Coax Adapter DECA (DECA1MR01) - DIRECTV - DECA1MR01 - Components&sku=
with this:
DIRECTV DECA Power Supply (PS18DER0) - DIRECTV - PS18DER0 - 874409002374 Components&sku=874409002374

They should use just the first one, but if out of stock they can use the bottom two together.

They charge $25 for this option at signup, I think they can it Cinema connection kit or something like that now, they keep renaming it.

Next question, the installer had a problem with the LNB (single horn, 3 LNBS inside)what he put up is the horn for 99,101,103,110,119 (I belive) is this a problem? Thanks for your help Jason

That LNB is fine. Hit dash "-" on your remote, it will say Receiver: ...123456 (only your number) under that, does it say SWIM Connected?

Ok with a SWM setup there is no other equipment needed for MRV. The Broadband DECA is only to do the Cinemaplus(LOL) on demand stuff.

Anyway all you need to do is setup the receivers to do the whole home, if you have MRV on your account. Start with the DVR's. All you have to do is go into the menu, goto the Whole Home tab and select that. Then name each location. After that on the DVR's you want to share playlist, and you are done. MRV should be working.

No equipment needed for MRV with the 24 series receiver but if you plugged anything in to the HR 24, the internal Deca will be disabled making it now work with MRV.

If you get a Broad Band Deca, it is really simple to hook up yourself.
plug it in to your router via the cat5 cable and run a piece of coax from it to the swm splitter.

However, if you call up direct tv and tell them you want it but it is not connected, they will send somebody out free of charge.
You need to do that asap though.

I was installed Thursday afternoon, installer didn't have"equipment"( don't think he was familar with MRV) I went to the shop Saturday to check with them but they were closed. The installer did hook up ethernet to the boxes during the install, so I guess that I could unplug the ethernet cables do a hard reboot and set them up from there? or would it be better to go into the menu and do a factory reset and start all over?

I was installed Thursday afternoon, installer didn't have"equipment"( don't think he was familar with MRV) I went to the shop Saturday to check with them but they were closed. The installer did hook up ethernet to the boxes during the install, so I guess that I could unplug the ethernet cables do a hard reboot and set them up from there? or would it be better to go into the menu and do a factory reset and start all over?

When the installer hooked ethernet in to the HR24, he disabled the internal Deca which cased MRV to be disabled.
The only DVR's capable of being directly wired in to the router without disabling MRV is HR21, HR22, and HR23.
They still require a deca, but you can plug the internet directly in to ethernet port 2.

Like I said earlier though is I would call direcTv asap if you want your system connected to the internet properly.
If you wait too long, they will charge you for the upgrade.
The tech got paid to do it the first time so he should do it right (not you trying to go back and forth and fix it yourself).

I am not saying the tech is bad, it is just that with all the differences in what receivers can and can't do, which ones need BBC's, which ones need Decas, which ones can be hard wired directly in to routers, etc, it gets pretty confusing especially for a new guy in the business.

It does sound like MRV was not authorized or tech wasn't knowledgeable on set up. When menu shows "Name Location" and not "Whole Home" thats an indication that MRV was not authorized.

Initial orders for MRV on new installations or MRV upgrades were a crapshoot. Work orders would often show MRV was authorized when it in fact was not. You'd get it all hooked up and couldn't get it to work. 1st thought was that had missed a step in the process when in reality the correct 'Magic Buttons' had not been pushed by DTV. Everybody was new to it and took a while to get the kinks out. Net result for tech was more time spent at customer's home than he could usualy afford.

There may be more than one way to re-enable the MRV after the mistake of hooking ethernet cable directly to the 24s, but what worked for me the 1st time I fixed it for a customer was this procedure detailed for me by ISS. Disconnect ethernet connection. Unplug everything from the wall, including power inserter. Re-plug in this sequence...power ins, then the DVR and then other receivers in no particular order. Resend authorization. That should re-enable MRV

Unplugging power inserter should do nothing to help the reboot as all it does is power the LNB.
I would think a simple RBR would do the trick.

I suspect that's true....makes sense...I just followed the procedure as it was laid out to me-wanting to get process over with as quickly as possible and on to thinking of more pleasant things. They at the time were probably not too sure what it would take to correct it. Might get a different procedure from them now...probably eliminating that step.

When menu shows "Name Location" and not "Whole Home" thats an indication that MRV was not authorized.(Daddy Dithers)

In my menu tree, when you get to set up and select it shows Whole home and from there it just tells you to call 1-800-531-5000 to activate. Now for Cinema plus you need the kit to hook to the internet for downloading and then the whole home for the other stb's to view it, sorry for asking alot but I have a bad habit of wanting to understand how things I have operate

The reason that I didn't call D* right away is that I wanted to give the retailer a chance to get this fixed the way it should be and the way that it's on the order and the W/O and D* site. I know when I installed for E* they wanted you to give them your (techs) card and to call that before they called E* so that the tech and the shop didn't have a TC against them, especially on a new install

The reason that I didn't call D* right away is that I wanted to give the retailer a chance to get this fixed the way it should be and the way that it's on the order and the W/O and D* site. I know when I installed for E* they wanted you to give them your (techs) card and to call that before they called E* so that the tech and the shop didn't have a TC against them, especially on a new install

If you are having the smallest issue getting them to come immediately then call Direct.
They could be just trying to stall you.

I don't stall easy, be there tomorrow morning first thing, any BS then I call D*. Just want to give them a chance, worked to many years for myself, and as they say S**t happens

Want to thank you all for the help, did factory reboots from the menu on all the stb's after disconnecting the ethernet cables the tech had hooked up and MRV is up and running. The 24's seem better than th E* stb's as one of the DVR's is in the new addition I built 2 years ago, it's on a sub panel and the E* stb's I had could never see the box out there, but D* are working fine. The retailer is bringing a DECA Broadband (DECABB1R0) by on Thursday and we will hook that up and finish the install (free). There is more knowledge here on this site, and people to help than anywhere around, if you all were close I say stop by for a beer, and steak

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts