Systems in this CE
HR20-100 • HR20-700
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700
HR22-100 • R22-100 • R22-200
HR21Pro • HR23-700

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, September 18, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, September 19, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AMET

Be sure to monitor the threads and The SatGuys Chat Room to check on final availability. Please also click here for CE Issue posting rules.

Risk Level for this Download: Very High Risk

New features
None for this release

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Please post All MRV Issues in this thread
All MRV clients/servers must be 0x353 or higher
You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national
Please do not report guide sluggish issues within the first 24 hours of download
When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution
information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as
your TV model

The channel changes on my HR23 and AM21 combo are a total mess when in the OTA section. If I go forward it over shoots the channel and then backs up to a channel previous to what I was aiming for. Very weird. My OTA reception is a mess too, signal shows in the 90's yet keep getting freezes and lost signal notifications on channels that have always been rock solid. Never saw this before.

The channel changes on my HR23 and AM21 combo are a total mess when in the OTA section. If I go forward it over shoots the channel and then backs up to a channel previous to what I was aiming for. Very weird.

I get that problem on the CE and national software with my HR22 and HR20 with tuner built in. Guess it's one bug that D* has never got around to correcting.

All of the of the functionality issues between HR22 and HR20 using MRV are resolved for me. The only issue I have found thus far is when fast forwarding a recording on my HR22 that resides on my HR20 I have to press the stop button to get it to stop fast forwarding instead of the play button and it does not automatically jump back a few seconds when coming out of fast forward like it would if I were doing the same thing to a local recording.

People on the other site with R22 are reporting no HD with theirs anymore. No problems here. I have all the HD channels on mine.

MRV is working again with my HR20-100 and HR20-700. Some pixelation but that might be due to my network. Its partially powerline and wireless.

If you've lost HD channels, try going into the system setup and flipping the "hide sd duplicates" or "hide hd channels" options back and forth a few times and then put them back the way that you want them.

MRV is working well between my two HR20-100's, so they fixed that.

If you've lost HD channels, try going into the system setup and flipping the "hide sd duplicates" or "hide hd channels" options back and forth a few times and then put them back the way that you want them.

MRV is working well between my two HR20-100's, so they fixed that.

funny, i did that before i even posted and it skips RIGHT over it and wont highlight.. (that being on mY HD DVR)

now on my HD reciever, i get them. but as a tech, i got B-band converters, i changed it but still nothing..

THEN i checked signals, HDDVR.. NO signal on 103 and my HD has 103.

ruled out... bad reciever.

funny, i did that before i even posted and it skips RIGHT over it and wont highlight.. (that being on mY HD DVR)

now on my HD reciever, i get them. but as a tech, i got B-band converters, i changed it but still nothing..

THEN i checked signals, HDDVR.. NO signal on 103 and my HD has 103.

ruled out... bad reciever.

I am sure you have tried a reset, but just in case.....

Had my HD channels go dark, but a reset brought them back. So far so good on MRV. Channels changes seem a bit faster on this CE also.

I am sure you have tried a reset, but just in case.....

Had my HD channels go dark, but a reset brought them back. So far so good on MRV. Channels changes seem a bit faster on this CE also.

lol yah that was the first thing,

i dont get a black out on HD channels. i get a Searching for satellite signal.

even my channel 493 couldnt find signal on the 103 (b-band test channel)

problem fixed. I had another HDDVR on my van. (nice that i dont have to wait for a tech or a reciever in the mail) :up

I have pixelization too, 100Mbit ethernet. Not constant but 4-5 blips in a 30 minute show. Wonder if this is due to the box doing other things because of the recent firmware upgrade.

Rick

MRV is working again with my HR20-100 and HR20-700. Some pixelation but that might be due to my network. Its partially powerline and wireless.

Series manager problems that were in CE last week seem to be fixed in this CE. No problems noted so far.

I'm hearing a lot of problems from people with wireless and powerline. I think that under good circumstances the 200Mb/s powerline and wireless N will work. I think that wireless G and the slower powerline stuff will only work under optimal conditions.

The way they're doing it is simply not going to work perfectly well without hardwiring, and even then its iffy. Powerline and wireless just have too many problems with interference, pauses and occasional corrupt data.

Looks like directv is targeting wireless N (since they've implemented support for the N adapters directly in the box) and their own DECA stuff. Unless they're going to give the DECA's away and install them for free, I hope they arent putting too many apples in that applecart. I cant see anyone except directv die hards with deep pockets laying out hundreds of dollars and converting to a SWM to use it.

Hey sddtvtech, try plugging that original receiver back in, it might work. Sometimes if you take the power off of them for at least 4-5 minutes they start working again. Sometimes turning all your receivers off for a minute or so and turning them back on can also fix a glitch with the lnb since that removes all power from it. That one from your van was cold, that might have been why it worked.

I had one HR20-100 stop receiving everything on one tuner after a CE download. Banged the box on the side and the tuner came back. They're little daughtercards in slots on the 20-100's, so I guess it needed a jostle...I love percussive maintenance. No explanation as to why it worked fine until the CE download, since I never touched the box or moved anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)